Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I finaley found some toyo mt 37s on craigslist in alabama, so this is what they look like i think i could fit some bigger tires. i need new rack bushings im getting bad vibration at high speed, i lifted my front end today and shook the tire and realized it was my bushings so ill get the nice bushings from wheelers offroad. I bought some camburg control arms brand new for a 100 bucks today so im excited to put those on.

·
Registered
1,926 Posts
Nice....not just the tires but the whole look! Comparing my sig pic to those mine looks like a lowrider. LOL

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
from a freind i met last week in my town he drives a nice lifted extended cab 05 he bought some camburg control arms and they didnt come with ball joints so camburg sent him new ones and told him if he payed a 100 bucks he could keep the one he has and get a new set of control arms with ball joints so he kept them

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks rctundra hey theres nothing wrong with your truck it looks clean

·
Registered
233 Posts
[email protected]#kin awsome. . love it. . . exactly what i want to do to mine . . . but yet debatin on just doin the body lift on top my level and running 33x15.5 on 16's and call it a day . . . kinda straped for cash and need to save for an apt pronto

love it tho shits so sexy !!!! ever want to trade let me know asap

Login | Facebook
heres mine

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
thanks guys and go all the way with the lift man youll regret it if you dont

·
Registered
1,926 Posts
thanks rctundra hey theres nothing wrong with your truck it looks clean
Thanks!

Im saving up now to do the 6" lift and wheel / tire swap, but it will probably be at the end of summer before I can start buying parts. I figure it will cost $3K plus and I just moved so Ive spent a little more on my house and pool etc. than I wanted. :cool:

Again though VERY NICE Tundra.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
thanks man you can get the rcd lift for about 2000 plus shipping then tires and rims can range from 1500 to 4000 my rims and tires were 3200 and then you gotta think about labor charge i recommend doing it your self you learn so much from it.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I ordered my uniballs and my bushings for my a arms and the total chaos bushing steering rack kit. Im getting bad vibration over 60 my steering rack bushings are worn out bad. so hopefully that will fix the problem

·
Registered
67 Posts
Nice rig!! I've got the same truck as you and I just installed my RCD 6 inch kit with some 18 inch Mickey Classics on 305/70 (35's) Mickey Thompson Baja ATZ's. I've got some shake at 65 or 70 MPH also! I figured it was just the tires not being perfectly balanced. How do you like your rig with that 3 inch body lift? I just installed a Defiant light bar, so I can't install a body lift just yet, unless I take it off. But any cons to that body lift? I had a body lift on my Jeep and it just made everything fit together a little odd after I installed it. I'd love to go 37's but I'm gonna have to either do a body lift or stack a spacer on the RCD kit and put the AAL back in the rear in addition to the RCD block... I'm torn about it, just don't want to put that body lift on and regret it.. let me know, but your rig is SWEEET!!!

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
thanks man and i have no regrets with the body lift i cant feel a difference in the ride. if you do the body lift you''ll have to take ur steering shaft out cut it and put a three inch tube of steel in the middle and weld it. its very easy to do but i love my truck but my bushing on my steering rack are fried so i need to replace them so hopefully that will fix all my vibrations

·
Registered
222 Posts
Honda454 your truck looks bad *** man. Can you post more pics? like some front 3/4 shots too? I wish I had the cash to do a lift and tires like that but to many projects so I'll be living with the stock look.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
malcom im not a camera man so i have no clue what 3/4 shots means hahaha but yes ill take some more photos on wednesday and thanks man. the way i bought my tires and rims were was i had a credit card come in the mail that was no interest for a year and gave me a extra 200 bucks so i bought the tires and wheels on that and payed it off within a year so it was a free loan.

·
Registered
366 Posts
looks awesome cant wait about 3 weeks away till 37s r goin on

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
nice man post some pictures up when you finish it. you told me last week how u were gonna do it i forgot tho you adding a spacer to your lift or what chris

·
Registered
59 Posts
Nice looking truck. I have one in the same color (even though avatar shows a red truck). Wheel and tire is right on...

1 - 20 of 42 Posts