Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
S, Here's what I installed in my ride: Clear Bra of Oregon. 503-439-9031. I hope this helps. I did my whole front end for $450. My only problem is that it takes effort to remove bug splatters (can use bug juice per warranty). Hippo 2010, DC, 4x4

·
Premium Member
589 Posts
The prices I've seen locally are pretty high usually around 400 to 500+ but that's far cheaper than having your hood re-painted or replaced. I'd do it myself but I can't see it turning out as well as a professional installation.

·
Registered
68 Posts
I highly recommend this guy. I purchased and installed for my '07 and 3 other friends also purchased and installed for their vehicles.

2007 2008 2009 TOYOTA TUNDRA GENUINE 3M CLEAR BRA on eBay.ca (item 380133154646 end time 17-Jul-10 20:18:24 EDT)
How hard was the install on the Tundra? I have done graphics on my dirtbikes and also installed clear bra products on a few motorcycle tanks, it can be hit or miss depending on the product. Has it been holding up well since installation?

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
BTW, the kit includes whole front end (painted areas) and all lights -- both headlamps and fog / driving lights, if you have them. To me, its worth it since those lights are over $150 each! I chose professional install because warranty is lifetime and time constraint due to employment reporting date to another state.

·
Registered
860 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'm thinking of a self install, the bank account has been draining heavily lately

·
Registered
500 Posts
I believe the install is rated a 3 difficulty out of 5. Kind of overwhelming at first, but you get the hang of it pretty quick. I recommend googling some videos on "how to". Watch those and you'll have 90 percent of it beat. There are a couple of tricks, the warmer the weather/garage the better (do it in the garage with the door closed, you don't want debris getting underneath). Use lots of solution. Also pay the 7 extra bucks or whatever to get the yellow squeegee.

Working in pairs helps, but not necessary. I did by my self in about 4 hours if I remember correctly. Around the fog lights is a bit of a pain though.

If you looked close and looked for it on mine, you could see minor imperfections with my install inside of 2 feet. However, I traded the '07 in and I got them to professionally install the Clear Bra on my new '10 before delivery about a month ago because they offered me a deal at $500 (I think it cost them $800). Looks like the guy had the same install problems around the fog lights that I had and their job was marginally better than mine. Plus, less coverage as far as hood and fender depth!

·
Registered
889 Posts
I highly recommend this guy. I purchased and installed for my '07 and 3 other friends also purchased and installed for their vehicles.

2007 2008 2009 TOYOTA TUNDRA GENUINE 3M CLEAR BRA on eBay.ca (item 380133154646 end time 17-Jul-10 20:18:24 EDT)
I second that... good guy to deal with.

I bought just the front bumper for my 2010 Highlander! Make an offer and ask for the squeeze pad... he gave me one for free.

How hard? It's PITA if you do not know what you're doing.

Smack - if you want to do yourself and have question... maybe I can give you little tips... where are you in San Diego?

·
Registered
860 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I'm in the Bay Park area. Thanks for the offer. I did watch a video of an install, looks pretty straight forward.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Lot harder then window tint for sure. Depends on your patience and if you can live with some imperfections.I still need to do my grill fog lights and one headlight. I gave up on the the whole headlight and cut it and did the front part only.Trying to wrap around the sides was tough.You cant really see it. The bumper was pretty tough to with the inch wide ridge on it. The hood piece where it slopes down about 8 inchs from the edge has sections that make it look like sand scratchs in the paint. It isn't rippled ,it's like part of the glue when I stretched hit to reach the edge.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts