Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How do you guys feel about 3m clear bra on most of the truck to protect the paint since I read about the thin clear coat and plus its a black truck? Going to cost a few shiny pennies but would it be worth it?

·
Premium Member
2,247 Posts
I purchased my Tundra about a year before buying the Sequoia. I put the 3m Clear Bra on the Sequoia based on the paint damage to the Tundra. Im TOTALLY happy with the bra and totally recommend it!!! I wish Id have put it on my Tundra!!
I wouldnt advise putting it on anything but the front as it lacks clarity and has a bit of a Satin look.

·
Registered
422 Posts
no - keep it an option just for the bra portion, but its a waste on the rest of the truck. plus it would look like crap. that stuff is not as smooth or shiny as the paintjob your truck has.

·
Premium Member
1,261 Posts
I'm going to go on a limb here and tell you that I highly recommend it. I put the 3M stuff on the front, hood, fenders, headlights (thicker stock), and the bottom 12" of the sides/doors. All I gotta say is it is absolutely awesome stuff!! Not a single chip/ding where it is covering the paint. Makes it tons easier to clean... everything just wipes right off of it (especially handy if you get accidentally bombed by a bird). No signs of discoloration yet... and I've had it for 2.5 years already.
You can do it yourself if you have the nerve to do it (I did mine with no regrets, but give yourself a clear, warm day and dust-free space to do it) and without any other external pressures... you'll be happy you got it done! Good luck and feel free to ask me any questions.

·
Registered
627 Posts
I'll never get another vehicle without putting it on it. Have it on my Silver A6, lights, front 12" of hood, fender, mirrors and it has protected it well in the 4 yrs I've had the Audi. On the lights, it seems to have kept them from fading like most other vehicles from it's model year ('02) are doing. It's also thicker on the lights, to protect them even better from stone chips. On the rest of the vehicle, it's hardly noticeable, until you get up close to it. I wash/wax it just like I do the rest of the car.

-Garth

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The stuffs expensive!! Its gonna cost me about $450 to wrap the front. My brother has a shop so hopefully he can get his hands on some 3M at discount. Going to wrap the doors with 30", bed and tailgate with 24". That should keep my truck protected.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Did my entire front end and hood, my rocker panels, inside of the wheel well where it is painted and around where my toneau (sp?) comes down. The stuff is amazing and if applied correctly it is not really that noticable; no more so than a bunch of rock chips any ways. Application is 70% of the process, so take your time. clay bar the area you want to cover, use lots of lube (hahahaha) and patients. Or get it done pro.

Get it and you wont look back!

Also did my GTR and with white paint you have to be 2 inches from it to see the 3M, so it depends on the color for how noticable it is. My truck is slate in case you were wondering.

·
Registered
2,966 Posts
Another vote for the 3M Bra. I dont think I'll get another new truck with out having it on there. My truck is an 07 and the front still looks like the day I bought it. At the time I didnt know how to install it, and there were very few kits available for the new Tundras at the time, so I paid an installer to do it. But after watching him do it I laughed at how easy it is. I helped my neighbor do his Tacoma last year with the ebay kit and it was so easy. The ebay kits are genuine 3M, so they are very nice and precisely cut and so much cheaper.

Here it is on silver, barely visible in full sun. The whole front is wrapped, plus a 5" strip above the windshield.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Glad to see the rave about it because I'm getting it done this weekend. I would love to spend the money elsewhere but this just seems too good to pass up.

·
Registered
916 Posts
I used to have a bug shield on my old white F150 and liked how it looked. I plan to get another one on my white Tundra. I was qouted around $400 to 3M the entire front end, which is a lot of money for me. I am considering getting the 3M stuff on the top of the tailgate. With the thin paint and dirty gloves, I am concerned about scratching the paint. I use my truck as a truck, but try to keep it looking nice if I can.

·
Premium Member
4 Posts
I would recommend that you do it as well. I have an 07' black truck and it looks and works great. It cost me $350.00 total with install from the dealer. I'm sure it's cheaper if you do it yourself but I didn't want to try it.

·
Registered
2 Posts
hay every one out ther in toyota land iam a 3m certified installer ,would like to say thanks for every bodys great comments on paint protection film it offered on all models for toyotas online .it may be cheper if you have a installer do it rather than the dealer it can be done by your self but dont recomend it with a certified installer you should get a warranty a if yur no happy with the install you can have them re do it else you do it mess up then your out the extra money .it totaly does what its made for its not if you get rock chips but when ,remember that, lol stay protected

1 - 15 of 15 Posts