Toyota Tundra Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4,487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys has anybody had any luck 3Ming the rear most quarter panel behind the rear tires?

I think while it wouldn't look the best, it woudl match the rest of the truck nad provide protection.

Any pics/links to where to buy 3M would be great.

-rockstate

·
Registered
32,593 Posts
On my Gen 1 the clear adhesive rockerguard would peel a little each time I pressure washed the truck, no matter how careful I was. I got tired of watching it peel a little more each time, so I ripped it off and rolled on some black rockerguard. Not the department store stuff....catalyzed (with hardener). :heh:

·
Registered
500 Posts
Hey guys has anybody had any luck 3Ming the rear most quarter panel behind the rear tires?

I think while it wouldn't look the best, it woudl match the rest of the truck nad provide protection.

Any pics/links to where to buy 3M would be great.

-rockstate
If applied properly, it won't even be noticeable. I applied it myself to the front end and it's noticeable if you're looking for it. I recently had a fender redone by a professional installer due to an insurance claim and it's very difficult to notice, much better than what I did.

I doesn't seem to be the same stuff that the factory put on behind the cab, that stuff is very visible.

·
Registered
97 Posts
I have it on mine, it was installed professionally and it looks great. No peeling, staining or fading and there is not one rock chip on my paint. If you got to expel.com I think you can look up the different precut options available. I also think you could cut your own if you were willing to take your time.

I have my whole front end, rocker panels and wheel well edging done, as well as around my box were my box cover comes down. I would never go back.

I also did my GTR in 3M, the hood, rocker panels, mirrors and above the windshield and side pillars were all done. No issues there either.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts