Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am thinking of buying 3m film for the front end. I have found a complete kit on e-bay from an authorized dealer for $189.00. My question is; has anyone out there installed this on their Tundra? If so, is it fairly easy? My fear is that I waste my money by screwing up the install. I could probably have the whole thing done but I'm sure it would at least double the cost. Thanks.:confused:

·
Registered
34 Posts
Do NOT get the per-cut kit. When 3-M is applied by a installation shop they custom cut it to go right to the edge of the hood, fenders, while the precut stuff (as used by dealers) does not go all the way to the edge. BIG difference.

·
Registered
2,966 Posts
Had mine done right after I bought it. I had the entire front end done and a strip at the top of the roof and my inside door sills. It was on pre-cut sheets and it does go all the way to the edge making it even less visible than it already is. A good installer will stretch it to cover the edges. The installer came right to my house to do it. He was here about 6 hours and did a perfect job. No dust or dirt got trapped underneath it and it looks flawless. A few pieces had to be trimmed up by hand with an exacto knife, but thats a job I wouldnt want to have done. He was basically trimming with this knife millimeters away from my new paint. Guy was a total pro and most people dont even notice the bra till I point it out to them.

I took a ton of pictures of the install and finished product for people here. PM me if youd like to see them and I'll shoot you an email.

·
Premium Member
1,530 Posts
Jumbo, if you don't mind me asking, how much did you pay?

·
Registered
2,966 Posts
Labor and material cost me $800. It was worth every cent. He did a perfect job and I couldnt say enough nice things about him.

It sounds like alot but my last truck was peppered with paint chips and bug etchings and I promised myself I'd never go thru that again. He warranties it for 5 years and he did a heck of a job. Dealer wanted $1100 to wrap the entire front end, so he was really fair.

Mark

http://www.invincaman.com/default.htm

1 - 5 of 5 Posts