Toyota Tundra Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Premium Member
11,297 Posts
Well...you're stuck with the drop bracket, so if you want it bombproof, get the 5" spindles from Tuff Country, and then see how your wallet is feeling.

I see you live in Denver...I'm just up the road, halfway between Denver and Boulder, so if you want a hand with it, shoot me a PM. I don't have a press, and you'd likely end up taking new spindles to the dealer simply because they have a large enough press and skill to not !$#% up the bearings etc. putting it back together...

...but honestly, given where you live and my assumption that you have a 4WD, get the 5" spindles so you can dispense with the spindle spacer before you do anything else. Once the weak link has been addressed, do whatever...but I can also recommend a few things for getting larger tires to fit, that will keep all the capability of the truck when you hit the dirt. I can fit 37" tires (tho I need to massage the top of the fender liner) and I think I only have an inch or three of "lift" (whatever that means anymore :lol:).

Not that you'll want to run them necessarily. Stay with 35" tires, and make them fit with the lift you have. It'll work, and it'll wheel.

-Sean

· Premium Member
11,297 Posts
I just check this thread for the avatars :lol:.

Glad you're sorting it out properly! If you'd like to get it dirty, see the middle of nowhere in person, stuff like that...come over to COTTORA and say hi.

www.cottora.org...click on the Colorado forum link.

-Sean

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.