Toyota Tundra Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Premium Member
545 Posts
You'll break yer spindles if they don't have the reinforcement bracket that Tuff included with their later kits. You could spend some more coin if yer wanting bomb proof and buy their longer spindles. This will eliminate the spindle spacer. If you want to eliminate the coilover spacer, you'll need custom fabbed longer coilovers, probably something from King or SAW. I'd inquire about spring diameter of the 2" vs 2.5" coilovers you want. The more you crank up yer coilovers and the wider they are, there is a possibility they'll hit the spindle on full droop. This might be one reason why Tuff doesn't recommmend the combination. Jack up yer truck on the front and watch the tire droop and see how the coil approaches the spindle. It'll be considerably more exaggerated with a coilover cranked up 2.5". I wouldn't recommend going over 1.5".

· Premium Member
545 Posts
If you can't afford the longer spindles, go with the brackets. They're more than adequate. I hunt 50 - 60 days a year not including scouting and fishing. My suspension has been worked harder than most. Broke the right side rack & pinion mount when I dropped off a 3' ledge into a rock while elk hunting a few years ago. Refabbed and welded things up. I later hit a 16" - 18" rock with the right tire while going down hill in deep snow and broke the rack & pinion center mount right off the subframe. Gimped it home and welded the thing back on as well as added some additional metal to make sure it doesn't break again. Given how hard I've wheeled it, the spindles with the reinforcement brackets have not given me a single problem. Expected them to break at some point so I could get the longer spindles. Can't justify replacing something that keeps on ticking... :D

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.