Toyota Tundra Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, Im looking at purchasing 4.56 diffs for my 04 Tundra DC. Anyone here running these gears?
Im slowly building up this truck and would love to hear anyones experience with this gear ratio.

Ill be running 33's in the future, but I just put on 32's (Duratracs) and I notice a slight loss of power, so I figure the 4.56 would be a decent match for a 33" tire.

Any feedback would be great. Thanks!

·
Registered
6,777 Posts
Might be expensive for 4wd but I have 4.56 in my 2wd and love it. I went with Nitro gears, I run on 33" tires as well. The power was restored, I have great low end torque and my fuel economy didn't suffer.

·
Premium Member
24 Posts
Was thinking about doing this in 4.56 or 4.88. Not sure if i want to go to 35" in the future.

Gear Package

·
Registered
5 Posts
I had been dreaming of doing the same. I just added 285/75/16 and it is feeling a bit sluggish compared to stock. I called JustDiff a few weeks ago and they recommend 4.88s.

·
Premium Member
82 Posts
I have the 4.88's with Auburn Posi and running stock 20" wheel and tire (275-55-20). Absolutely love it. Highly recommend especially if you are lifted and/or running taller tires. Won't regret it.

·
Premium Member
6,873 Posts
4.56 with 33" will bring you back closer to stock settings. However, if you plan on hauling or carrying loads, 4.88's would be better.

4.88's would be great for 35's-37's. I'm running 4.88's with 37's. I've thought about going to 5.13's, but the concern now shifts to the strength of the teeth of the ring and pinion. As they are smaller. Planning on going back to 35's. Unless, I find some lighter wheels.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts