Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so im looking to lift my 09 DC tundra right now im sitting with bilsteins all around, top settings in the front. im planning on getting the CST 3.5 lift spindles and that would put me up around 5" total up front and im curious as to what the best method to raise the rear would be and what all i would need to take into consideration before going ahead with the instal, like new brake lines, and things of that nature that could be easily overlooked.

so up front ill have the bilstein 5100s on top setting roughly 1 1/2 to 2 inches, and then the CST lift spindles witch advertise true 3.5 inches up front so 4 to 5 inches total.

and in the rear im not sure weather to go with a combo of things like shackles, AALs, or blocks.

it sits completely level right now so i would need about 3.5 in the rear also to keep it level or with very minor rake.

i have also got plans to get a carrier bearing drop bracket, and new UCAs.

i just want to make sure i do it right the first time i like to do my own work, makes it feel more like "my truck" if you know what i mean.
im open for any suggestions from all you guys that have lifted you trucks and im verly thankful for ay help.

·
Registered
277 Posts
to lift the rear i would look into new leaf springs that have the amount of lift desired.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
so go with a whole ne pack or just AALs? how much does a new pack cost?
and if i lift it 4" will i have to worry about my brake lines?

thankyou for you help.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
opps it posted twice

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
awsome that would save me alot of money!
do you think i would need longer brake lines with the lift?
and do the shackles and leaf packs lift true to what they advertise like im looking at an icon expansion pack from performancelifts.com but i wanna make sure i get exactly the lift i need.
thanks for your help pitbull joe, nice truck by the way.

pat

·
Registered
135 Posts
I'm not sure if you'll need longer lines, but you may end up just needing brake line relocation brackets or making your own little brackets as the lines will move a little do to the extra height taking some of the slack out of the line. As far as the shackles and packs, it really depends on the brand. Check out my buddy Dave's custom built shackles and tell him I sent you, he'll hook you up right and ask him about the brake line brackets and leaf packs. On second thought i'll pm his info.

Thanks for the compliment, I need to update pic and sig but haven't taken any recent pics.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts