Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking on the K&N website and they don't have a cold air intake for the 4.6L V8 for my 2010 Tundra. Would it be okay if I bought the intake that is made for the 5.7L V8 or even the 4.7L V8 and put it in my 4.6L V8? Thanks for any help!

·
Registered
7,461 Posts
only if it would fit haha but i think u should just wait if you have to have one, wait till they make one...

·
Mark it eight, Dude...
4,373 Posts
Doing a quick search around Google I found this one. I don't know anything about it but here is at least one made for the 4.6l. Like Barney said if you wait there will probably be more available. If K&N is what you want call them and see what they say about it.

2010 Toyota Tundra Airaid Intake System

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
$305 for the Airaid and free shipping from Autoanything. I will wait till I hit 10K and replace the stock and hopefully, K and N will have something for the 4.6L. Anyone in this forum use Airaid? Please share your experience.

2010, DC, 4,6L, Salsa Red, Bone stock except sprayon BL.

·
Registered
36 Posts
As I have stated in a post of my own the part # for the 4.6 Airaid appears to be the same for the 5.7....if this fits either engine then is there a possibility that one of the other manufacturers ie Volant ro K&N is also the same ? I am looking for a CAI for my 2010 4.6 any help would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
422 Posts
save your money.

·
Registered
50 Posts
My 2010 DC tundra has cold air intake from the factory, it draws the air from up under the wheel well. Why would anyone change this?

I did change the air filter to a K & N filter as I have had good luck with them in the past.

Webby

·
Registered
2 Posts
I am looking on the K&N website and they don't have a cold air intake for the 4.6L V8 for my 2010 Tundra. Would it be okay if I bought the intake that is made for the 5.7L V8 or even the 4.7L V8 and put it in my 4.6L V8? Thanks for any help!
Yes I know for sure that the airaid for the 5.7 is the same one for the 4.6, I own a 2010 Tundra 4.6,and bought a airaid for it, as a matter of a fact I have it for sale it is like new I installed it in April 2010, and put about 4000 miles on it.
I'am an old fort I guess the reason I 'm selling it is because it makes too much noise for me, a Rummbling noise, a good sound but too noisy for me. I noticed a gain of maybe only 1 mile per gallon, how ever it did give me more hp when I towed my 17 ft boat in the mountains(Colorado) thanks JT

·
Registered
94 Posts
The "Cold Air" intakes are in my opinion a waste of money. No better performance and almost no fuel economy increase. The present engine is computer controlled with the present system and doubt you'll see any advantage in a modified air intake system without a score of other mods to accompany it.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Yea I just installed k&n intake on my 4.6 k&n 77 series metal intake kit from the 5.7 tundra and it fit super easy and all the mounts were the same

·
The M.F.I.C.
3,762 Posts
Go with a TRD Intake.

·
Registered
69 Posts
I think people forget how many hours of development go into factory parts, with most of those intakes they let more dust into the intake and for a slight, slight improvement in power is not worth it to me, but I guess this is not a thread debating intakes haha

·
The M.F.I.C.
3,762 Posts
^^^ Exactly, that's why I say, Go with TRD :tu:

·
Registered
77 Posts
I too was thinking of an Cold air intake for my 4.6. I actually have the TRD drop in filter and the part number is the same for both engines. It's interesting to me that some of you guys say the parts from other aftermarket intakes fit on my engine. Anyways, I would likely stick with the TRD because of warranty and I believe in the quality a little more.

I really want to know though, why on the TRDusa.com website they don't list the 4.6 as compatible? An oversight, or just never updated the listings for the newer trucks? In fact I don't remember any intake listing for any Tundras newer than '09. Or perhaps they just figure that if you got the small V8 you are not interested in more power.

What do you guys think? Any insightful ideas?

1 - 20 of 21 Posts