1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,530 Posts
Cool .

·
Premium Member
381 Posts
So what are the details? Is this a off the shelf kit or a mod job?

Thanks,

Hootbro

·
Registered
650 Posts
i have the air aid on mine. sounds badass and adds a major hit of torque between 3-4k rpm which pulls trailer up a grade nicely

·
Registered
35 Posts
4.6... not 4.7 ???
i picking up my K&N tomrw morning...
can you hear it good from inside or only outside cab?
nice install... aloha

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
4.6... not 4.7 ???
i picking up my K&N tomrw morning...
can you hear it good from inside or only outside cab?
nice install... aloha

Yeah it's a 4.6 v8. I haven't been stepping on the pedal a lot because I'm still breaking in my engine so I can't hear it from inside yet. Let me know when you get your intake installed because I want to know if you can hear your intake from inside

·
Registered
797 Posts
Yeah it's a 4.6 v8. I haven't been stepping on the pedal a lot because I'm still breaking in my engine so I can't hear it from inside yet. Let me know when you get your intake installed because I want to know if you can hear your intake from inside
Oh you'll hear it alright! :heh:
especially since K&N is an open filter

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
I too have a stock 4.6 with just over 5K. Did I hear right there is no 4.6 K/N application just for the 4.7? Who's got the best deal out there. I think this will be my next mod after the NFab. Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
422 Posts
looks like the tube does not fit under the engine cover notch - is it rubbing on that edge bad? maybe need to make the notch bigger?

·
Registered
5 Posts
So just to be clear, this is the K&N CAI for the 5.7 adapted for use on a 4.6?

What did you have to do to make it fit?

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
So just to be clear, this is the K&N CAI for the 5.7 adapted for use on a 4.6?

What did you have to do to make it fit?
I took it to a shop and had it done, so I don't know what they did to make it fit. It seems like my gas mileage has gone down after I got the intake. I used to get 17mpg driving in the city and now im getting about 14mpg. Hopefully its my driving, not the intake lol.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts