Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know if the 4.6 has the same heads with the same bolt and port configuration as the 5.7. I am interested in maybe a supercharger. I know I should have bought a 5.7, so please don't bash me but I did not have all the facts before I bought my new truck, but I do like my 4.6. I can never leave anything a lone.

·
Registered
754 Posts
could be wrong, but isnt that the same engine as the FJ or was that a 4.0 I dont remmeber. you could use the FJ supercharger on the same setup.

·
Registered
422 Posts
you're better off trading in your truck in for a 5.7 and using the 6K to cover up your negative equity. I know you said don't bash - but I have a 4.6 so I have a free pass. I don't know what kind of facts you needed to know before you made your purchase. If you wanted raw horsepower and go-fast, why would you not buy the big motor from the start... especially if you have enough $$$ laying around to even consider a SC.

·
Registered
7,461 Posts
having a 4.7 i have to agree with above...shoulda gotteh the big motor if HP was what u needed.....that 6k from the supercharger will eat up alot of negative equity and the cost of the bigger motor, which is not much to begin with. i would not want to do work on a small V8 motor...unless u just want to be different and all that. but no, it aint gonna fit. heck, even the S/Charger from the gen 1 4.7 doesnt fit our gen 2 4.7s...and thats teh same size motor.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts