Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

Just wondering if any of you have had a leak on your 4.7 at the back of the intake.. Looks like an outlet bolted to the head for the heater hoses. Im wondering if the intake will have to be pulled. Any input would be great. Just hit 110k. Had the 100k 7 year warranty. Just my luck...:mad:

leak back side of intake driver side2.jpg

·
Registered
12 Posts
Hi.

I have the same exact leak on an 06 tundra.

Did you ever find where it was coming from?

Thanks,
Chris

·
Registered
12 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hello,

It was the rear bypass gaskets. Pulled the intake and replaced. Not to bad of a job. Found the starter. lol I did the water pump, timing belt and plugs since i was rippin and tearin. i found a manual on line. I tried to attach it but it was to large. I have the part #s if you want them.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Hey I know this thread is old, but I just changed water pump, timing belt, and pulleys and I'm having this same exact leak that I noticed while truck was jacked up and I was changing out the front axle half shafts. Is this as easy as unbolting this and replacing the gasket? And how much coolant should I expect to leak out? Any help or suggestions would be great. This forums helped me out immensely with all my maintenance and issues ive run into over the years.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Hey I know this thread is old, but I just changed water pump, timing belt, and pulleys and I'm having this same exact leak that I noticed while truck was jacked up and I was changing out the front axle half shafts. Is this as easy as unbolting this and replacing the gasket? And how much coolant should I expect to leak out? Any help or suggestions would be great. This forums helped me out immensely with all my maintenance and issues ive run into over the years.
Same question! I do NOT want to take out the intake

1 - 6 of 6 Posts