Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Help!
So I have had my Tundra a while now and I’m at 198k... Driving down the road yesterday I suddenly had tons of white smoke coming out of the exhaust but I wasn’t over heating? Checked my oil and there is no coolant in it. What could this be?
P.S. not a mechanic

·
Premium Member
2,352 Posts
Help!
So I have had my Tundra a while now and I’m at 198k... Driving down the road yesterday I suddenly had tons of white smoke coming out of the exhaust but I wasn’t over heating? Checked my oil and there is no coolant in it. What could this be?
P.S. not a mechanic
Head gasket

·
Registered
3 Posts
Take a look at the tail pipe and see if there is any anti-freeze residue.... if there is, good chance it is a head gasket. You don't want to drive it if it is as it WILL lead to further damage. Good Luck!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Check the power steering pressure switch! Common issue on the 4.7. Diaphragm inside the switch breaks and it sucks power steering fluid up through the vacuum hose. I've seen these motors written off as bad head gaskets, when it's just a simple switch.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Check the power steering pressure switch! Common issue on the 4.7. Diaphragm inside the switch breaks and it sucks power steering fluid up through the vacuum hose. I've seen these motors written off as bad head gaskets, when it's just a simple switch.
Hey! Could this be where my mysteriously disappearing power steering goes? Have to add about a half cup every 2 or 3 months? No drips, weeping or white smoke.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts