1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
The M.F.I.C.
3,762 Posts
I sent JET a message about it back when I had my '07 4.7L, asking them what it's benefits were --- I sent the message through their site and NEVER heard back from them. That was well over 1-1.5 yrs ago.

·
Registered
431 Posts
anyone else ever done this?? i'd be game!
for $130, ehh, even for the MPG's id go for it, my average is 11.5, I've spet approx $1600 in about 5 months :jaw:

i'd DEFinitely like more power though. planning on a Unichip in the future.

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I sent JET a message about it back when I had my '07 4.7L, asking them what it's benefits were --- I sent the message through their site and NEVER heard back from them. That was well over 1-1.5 yrs ago.
I assume its because they give you a run down on what it does on there web site but they might just have crap service too.

I did some more research last night on it and what i found is its a factory toyota MAF sensor that they flash new software too. Im not sure what they adjust. I wouldn't expect any massive unrealistic power gains, maybe an mpg or two would be all id expect.

Im gonna post this in the 1st gen. forum too and see if i get any hits.

·
Back from the dead!
1,778 Posts
My guess is it is as useless as a throttle body spacer.. Just my thoughts though, I could be wrong...

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
My guess is it is as useless as a throttle body spacer.. Just my thoughts though, I could be wrong...
My gut feeling too, but i've been wrong before.

·
Registered
797 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Definitely let us know if he does it and what the benefits are. If it really gets 2 more MPG I'd buy one. ROI is no time but I must say I am dubious.

·
The M.F.I.C.
3,762 Posts
I haven't heard many good things about JET... many people refer to their products as "paperweights." And obviously, I wasn't impressed with their customer service :crazya:

·
Registered
3,058 Posts
I've got one. I saw it on amazon.com for under $100 and figured what the hell. It didn't do sh!t for power or mpg. I think I put the stock one back in, but I can't remember right now.

·
Registered
375 Posts
I have one of those, ran with it for about 5 tanks of gas, my mileage dropped, so I threw the stock on back in. Just my .02

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I've got one. I saw it on amazon.com for under $100 and figured what the hell. It didn't do sh!t for power or mpg. I think I put the stock one back in, but I can't remember right now.
Gotta say thats what i expected, Jet seems like a POS company from what everyone says....hmmm :argue:

·
Registered
7,461 Posts
the mass air flow is just a wire sensor that measures air flow etc...i cant see how changing or modifying a SENSOR could do anything? the modification would have to come from the computer that interprets the data and makes use of it....

oops. just scrolled back up to see the rest of the replies. let's suggest this the next time someone posts asking if they can get a tornado thingy or a throttle body spacer for their truck.

·
Registered
3,058 Posts
i cant see how changing or modifying a SENSOR could do anything? the modification would have to come from the computer that interprets the data and makes use of it....
Correct me if I'm wrong, but don't speedo calibrators basically change or modify the speed sensor? My Truspeed modifies the signal being sent from the sensor to the computer. Based on that, I figured there was a chance the JET MAF sending an altered signal to the ECM could alter the outputs, giving some more power or mpg. Holy crap, it's late and I'm not sure that makes any sense to anyone else. Anyhow, I didn't really have any big expectations when I got it, but c'mon, it was half price. And as the guinea pig I hopefully saved others money.:D

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Correct me if I'm wrong, but don't speedo calibrators basically change or modify the speed sensor? My Truspeed modifies the signal being sent from the sensor to the computer. Based on that, I figured there was a chance the JET MAF sending an altered signal to the ECM could alter the outputs, giving some more power or mpg. Holy crap, it's late and I'm not sure that makes any sense to anyone else. Anyhow, I didn't really have any big expectations when I got it, but c'mon, it was half price. And as the guinea pig I hopefully saved others money.:D
Well thanks for being the guinea pig sir. :cool: Much appreciated. haha

·
Mark it eight, Dude...
4,373 Posts
This is the outcome I expected to hear, thanks for the info Johnny

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Maybe one day Jet will come out with something worth spending money on....

1 - 20 of 25 Posts