Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
4.7L vs. 5.7L? Crewmax ...Help me choose I am in sales and rarely tow anything. I want a truck that looks great, is big and roomy, and ready for occasional work. I do not own or plan to own any heavy equipment. A 4 wheeler trailer is all I ever tow.

Gas mileage is really what I am wondering about. The sticker says the 5.7L 2wd gets better mileage than the 4.7L 2wd.

Real world- I dont know??? Please give me your thoughts. If the difference is negligible, I'd go wit hthe 5.7 for higher resale. I am also wondering if Toyo has cylinder deactivation around the corner and if I buy know, I will pay for it later????

·
Registered
12 Posts
Well, the crewmax is a big truck. If the 5.7 gets better mileage than the 4.7, I would attribute it to the fact that the larger engine doesn't have to work as hard to pull that much truck. Just my 2cents.

·
Registered
338 Posts
My '07 diffinitely gets better milage than my '04 did. Alot of variables, but if you don't romp on it too much you can get 15-16 city 17-20 highway. After installing my exhaust I have seen 21-19 highway measures. Lots of MPG post in main '07 forum. For not a lot of extra cost you get the 6-speed, bigger rear end with 4.3 gear and 100 extra ponies. Should at least get the same as 4.7, but way more fun.:D

1 - 3 of 3 Posts