Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so I was looking for new headers for my truck and I really like the JBA 2010S. I went to the JBA website and they were like 600 and I found the same thing on jegs.com for 425 but the only difference is that on the jegs website it said “4.7L w/o Air Injection” and I was wondering what this is and if they would work on my truck it’s a 2000 4.7 4wd TRD, and all I have is the K&N cai. So any help would be great.

Thanks Daniel

·
Registered
1,745 Posts
Air injection is found on the vvti-equipped engines (started 2005),and the $600 price on JBA's site is list.

·
Premium Member
113 Posts
X2 on what Eddie said. The air injection tube is on the 05 and up Tundras with VVT-I. I didn't even realize I there was a tube there until I went to install my DT headers last month. The older models have just the normal header with no tube above them. If you plan on doing the install do a search here, there are some great photo's and instructions. I have some pic as well and plan on doing a little write up about my experience when we get back from Hawaii. Good luck and feel free to shoot me a PM if you have any questions.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts