Toyota Tundra Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an 02 Toyota Tundra limited 4x4 and my trailer light connection has quit working. When connected I have running lights on my trailer but no turn or brake lights. I have checked all my fuses, I have checked the grounds on the trailer and the trailer has new lights and wiring from front to back. The trailer works fine on my other truck so it's not a trailer issue. Any help or input would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
465 Posts
the 02 have a trailer light convertor mounted left rear corner of bed, either the convertor died or wire issue, should be gray connector with at least 9 or more wires

from converter wires go to another connecter before trailer plug. need color code?

from converter all the way to trailer plug, turnsignals and brake lights use the same wires

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I saw the reese converter box under the bed of the truck. On mine the wires come out of the converter and straight to the 4 pin connector. Is that box something I can get off the net or do I have to go to the dealer to get it?

·
Registered
465 Posts
Since its a reese, someone added it.( I wonder what happened to the factory converter. ) so it can be bought almost anywhere.

·
Registered
2,966 Posts
There was a tsb out to replace that converter since those were failing, I'm not sure what years it covered though

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the info guys. I thought the Reese box may have been factory since it plugs into the factory wiring harness under the left tail light. I'm going to look around to see where I can find the converter box cheapest.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hello.
Just bought a 2002 and noticed it has a receiver , but no wiring for towing. I did notice that grey wire coming out from under the left taillight, but there is nothing plugged into it. I researched and found a Tundra VALLEY 30025 plug and play kit. Is this what I need to plug into that grey plug to have trailer lights?
Thanks.

·
Registered
2,966 Posts
I bought a Hopkins kit off amazon

Curt also has a kit for the tundra as well

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.