I'm curious, how long did this hold up? I am just now trying it myself (using a random metal sleeve and a whole pile of high test JB Weld). I also roughed up both parts with sandpaper before doing it. I already had to replace the actuator that is bolted onto the transfer case (it had gotten water inside and seized up--fortunately I was able to get the replacement at a yard for $20).Just a note of caution...I have a 2005 Sequoia and the ADD actuator is behind the front axle and I could not remove the cover without removing the actuator.
CAUTION: when I tried to remove the vacuum hose, the plastic nipple on the actuator cap broke off. I tried to epoxy it back on, per another post, but to no avail. In the end I had to remove the actuator (requiring a change of differential fluid and a new rtv silicon gasket) epoxy the nipple hole closed and modify a brake adjustment barrel for a bicycle to create a new nipple for the vacuum hose and drill a new hole for my "new" nipple.
It saved me $250 for a new actuator but it was a pain to fix a little broken nipple.