Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 76 Posts

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
Champion Toyota has come out with a Sunday ad that states $4000 off the MSRP on ANY Tundra DC. I thought that it was interesting on how the discounts have already started.
do you have a copy of that ad, I have a hard time believing that. On some tundras that would be 2000 under invoice. They are probably talking about remainiing 2006s

I just called them to find out and they said someone was smoking crack

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
I see that is what is says but that is crazy. There has got to be a catch. I cant see any dealer selling any tundra and losing that much money.

but anything is possible. after all the red sox did win the world series

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
i just saw something funny, they said all in stock but only show one stock number, lol

so that would basically be a one in stock weekend loss leader.

Still a great deal though if the truck was actually available. You have always got to read the fine print

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
it clearly states that the ad ends today, so if they only have one in stock, they dont have to sell it for that price tomorrow

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
I think if someone really wanted to make a deal on any truck, they would have to let them have 4000 off MSRP. After all, it states ALL V8s. It just goes to show you that someone is NOT looking and checking their ads. It is funny.
the key word in the ad was in stock. They probably dont have but that one in stock.

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
but needless to say, that is more than an awesome price if they have it in stock and you want the one that they have.

I could advertise all double cab limiteds in stock 6000 off today only if i wanted to. But I dont have any so that would just be a scam

·
Registered
4,437 Posts
I predicted as gas prices went North, Tundra prices would go South. Those Prius's must be selling like hotcakes again.:D

·
Premium Member
868 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
The great news media is already predicting up to 3 bucks for gas this summer. I am sure that it will get almost or over that amount. You are all right in that the Prius is a hot cake again. I am wondering what new Tundra owners are thinking now? I just can't see spending that much and then paying these high prices. Something is going to have to give. Surely someone in Toyota will come out with some more decent gas savings. (hopefully in a good truck) Will it ever happen? I doubt it. The physics is just NOT there or at least not now.

·
Registered
609 Posts
sneaky ads re $4000 off MSRP in HOUSTON

Read that ad.

It's on ONLY model 8240 with that specific MSRP, and they listed 1 stock # as an example. They only have to have 1 truck to match the ad to be legal. Sneaky. :td:

·
Registered
4,437 Posts
I have seen Sunday paper adds in OKC for $4000 off of 07 Camry's, so why not Tundras? I am willing to wait.:)

·
Banned
8,335 Posts
I see that is what is says but that is crazy. There has got to be a catch. I cant see any dealer selling any tundra and losing that much money.

but anything is possible. after all the red sox did win the world series

I told you there going to come off that Mrsp Pricing Nobody pays that Not even Me :)

I've saw a Reg cab 2007 Tundra v6 for $19k Now wow and a few other's starting at $22k...

·
Premium Member
868 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Re: sneaky ads re $4000 off MSRP in HOUSTON

Read that ad.

It's on ONLY model 8240 with that specific MSRP, and they listed 1 stock # as an example. They only have to have 1 truck to match the ad to be legal. Sneaky. :td:
Oh yes, I know that it is for one truck, BUT these folks stated ALL Tundras. How can a company do this legally?

·
Registered
455 Posts
Remember, this is Houston, and the truck is produced in Texas. If the truck doesn't sell well in Texas, it won't sell well anywhere.

I would run to the next closest Toyota dealership with ad in hand, and see if they'll match that price. Many competing dealerships will match newpaper ads. That's how I purchase all my vehicles. It's never failed me yet.

I don't think $4000 off a $33,000 truck is costing the dealership profit. Texas dealers could conceivably have 4-5 dozen trucks on hand. To think that one dealer only has one DC is nuts. These are rolling of the line like hotcakes in the Lonestar State as we speak.

1 - 20 of 76 Posts