Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wife's 02 Seq 4WD started having the blinking orange light on the dash when 4WD button pushed. Light would blink until 4WD button pushed again. Dealership said front axle actuator shorted out and now says the ECU in the dash that controls 4WD shorted out due to actuator failing. They say both need replaced at about $1000.00. Does this sound right? I've always been used to the old manual hubs and lever in the floorboard. Any input appreciated.

·
Registered
218 Posts
from what I've read, if you haven't used 4wd in a while, you may run into that situation. I don't remember what the fix was. I had it happen and I just drove it for awhile and it finally engaged fully; haven't had it happen again.

·
Premium Member
119 Posts
I hit the button to engage the 4wd and all it did was flash. tried going forward then backwards to get it to engage or disengage. drove it home with the light flashing, jacked it up and lightly hit the actuators on the front unit and at the trans, dropped it and drove it back and forward, the light went out and has been working properly since.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts