Toyota Tundra Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I purchased a used 2008 crewmax 4x4 last fall. I love this truck but I have had this problem happen a few times now. I asked the dealer about it and they said it was not a problem. I dont beleive them.
The first time it happened I was driving in 4 High in the snow and the 4 Low light came on and both started fashing. I stoped and switched to 4 Low but it would not clear until I turned the truck off waited a few minutes and turned it back on.
The second time was yesterday driving on an 80 degree day in 2 High. As I was going down the road both indicators came on again and flashed. Again it would not clear until I stopped turned the truck off and waited a few minutes.
Can anybody help please

·
Registered
394 Posts
I purchased a used 2008 crewmax 4x4 last fall. I love this truck but I have had this problem happen a few times now. I asked the dealer about it and they said it was not a problem. I dont beleive them.
The first time it happened I was driving in 4 High in the snow and the 4 Low light came on and both started fashing. I stoped and switched to 4 Low but it would not clear until I turned the truck off waited a few minutes and turned it back on.
The second time was yesterday driving on an 80 degree day in 2 High. As I was going down the road both indicators came on again and flashed. Again it would not clear until I stopped turned the truck off and waited a few minutes.
Can anybody help please
I had this problem in my 07 DC, but my VSC light would also flash. Turned out to be the transmission oil temperature sensor (NO IDEA why this would affect the other dash lights). Replaced under extended warranty at 89500 miles. Would have been about $400 otherwise. took them a while to reproduce it so they could pull codes. Have the dealer pull a code the next time it happens.

·
Premium Member
5,472 Posts
Another possibility is the transfer case sensor. If it thinks that it is between ranges you will get the flashing lights. Try shifting it between ranges a few times to loosen things up. If that is what it is, it should also be covered by warranty.

·
Registered
848 Posts
i know on the tacoma's they have a problem with the front diff actuator for the guys that wheel alot where they cross through water the solenoid gets water in it and rusts up .. the dealer ususally says to replace it but i have opened one up cleaned all the rust out of it and greased it and it worked fine again .. so if your truck has been through water alot then i would check this first ..

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Since this is an intermitent problem I have noticed one thing that triggers it. If the inside temp gets above 90 degrees I can almost garantee that the lights will flash. So now I am thinking it has something to do with an electronic inside of the cab

·
Registered
145 Posts
Since this is an intermitent problem I have noticed one thing that triggers it. If the inside temp gets above 90 degrees I can almost garantee that the lights will flash. So now I am thinking it has something to do with an electronic inside of the cab
3 year old post. Your finding this out now

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
It has happened enough during this summer that I was able to identify it. In the past it did not happen as frequently. Thanks for the smart ass response it was very helpful

·
Premium Member
5,472 Posts
It is possible that one of the sensors is temperature sensitive.
You best bet would be to get it connected to a Techstream while it is having the problem.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts