Toyota Tundra Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2004 Tundra and was getting the 4WD blinking light. Diagnosed it to one of the transfer case switches. I ordered the part from Toyota parts dealer and the switch connection does not match the wire connection. Checked the other transfer case switch and wire
connection would match the new switch. I can't seem to find the switch that matches the wire connection? I also cannot find the connector I would put onto the wires to match the factor switch? Frustrating!
Did Toyota purposefully put two different connections for these switches? Or was a repair made some time ago using none Toyota parts.
Any help is appreciated.

Attachments

·
Registered
17 Posts
The one farther forward is the 4WD Low switch, the aft one is the T-Case Position Switch. Both are correct in your photo as far as the connectors and the difference is normal. The T-Case position switch is the same as the reverse light switch but the other one has a different Toyota specific part number. I would check with the parts department at your local dealer. They can get you the correct part number. I did see it here somewhere in one of these threads on the forum earlier today.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts