Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I put the Seq into 4-wd LO, the truck crawls at about 2 MPH on its own. When I try to accelerate, nothing happens--the engine revs and the rpm guage goes up a bit. But I can not accelerate at all...nothing past 2-3 MPH. What is wrong??

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That is what it sounds like...but I assure you that it is in "drive" and "4wd lo"

The truck does move...at about 3 mph...it just wont respond to the gas pedal being deprsssed.

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
pemarsh said:
When I put the Seq into 4-wd LO, the truck crawls at about 2 MPH on its own. When I try to accelerate, nothing happens--the engine revs and the rpm guage goes up a bit. But I can not accelerate at all...nothing past 2-3 MPH. What is wrong??
Were you completely stopped when you tried putting it in 4Lo? It does sound like you put it in neutral. Were your 4WD lights blinking on your dash or were they on steady?

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
This is what I have been doing:

Drive the car in 2wd, come to stop, put it in neutral.
Take the shifter (on the floor), and put it in neutral, then put it 4LO. I then put the truck in drive. All that happens is I move at about 2-3mph. All four green 4wd indicator lights are on. No red blinking light.

I have tried doing the same exact thing as above, but put it in 4wd hi first....then stop/neutral 4lo, etc. No difference in results.

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
You shouldn't have to put the vehicle in neutral and then drive but I wouldn't think that would cause this. Are you able to put it in 4High and go?

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
Time for the Toyota Dr. then. Take it back to the dealer and have them jump in the passenger seat while you put it in 4LO. Good Luck and keep us posted. Sorry I can't be more help to you.

·
Leader of Group Evil
11,253 Posts
this is just a thought, but it sounds like you have a manual lever to put the truck in 4lo. i've seen a few setups where you had to make sure the lever was in the right place, if it was just a hair out of place the transmission wouldn't engage properly--almost like the lever would bounce or slip out of place if you didnt have it locked in to exactly the right place. ive seen this on jeeps and tacomas, maybe it can happen on sequoias too??

good luck, hope you get it worked out.

-sean

·
Registered
286 Posts
DeepStealth said:
this is just a thought, but it sounds like you have a manual lever to put the truck in 4lo.
Yup, Sequoia's have a good 'ole lever on the center console. :D

·
Leader of Group Evil
11,253 Posts
hm...pemarsh, maybe your lever isn't locked in place properly for the transmission to engage? it may take a little more force than usual, and you may have to hold it in place for a moment while you roll forward. to verify this, turn the engine off, shift to neutral w/e-brake on, put the lever to 4lo and make sure it's seating properly, then see if you can shift in to drive. keeping the engine off during this prevents you from spitting out transmission parts by accident.

i've seen manual levers with this caveat before, odd that a sequoia would do this, but it will give you either piece of mind or something more to tell the guys in the service department.

-sean

1 - 11 of 11 Posts