Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know how to disable the beeping alert when in 4WD low in a Tundra. I have the electronic turn the know style shift and when I go into 4WD Low it beeps and yells at me and it is quite annoying. I find that 4WD low is best when driving on the beach to go fishing and I would like to be able to go for 1/4 mile without having to hear this beep.

·
Premium Member
615 Posts
Does anyone know how to disable the beeping alert when in 4WD low in a Tundra. I have the electronic turn the know style shift and when I go into 4WD Low it beeps and yells at me and it is quite annoying. I find that 4WD low is best when driving on the beach to go fishing and I would like to be able to go for 1/4 mile without having to hear this beep.
AFAIK...they are only supposed to beep (and the dash light will flash) if they are not going in (or out) of 4lo properly. Mine makes no beeps at all in 4lo. It has beeped when not being fully stopped and trying to switch between lo and hi range. Are you completely stopped and in neutral when you switch from 4hi to 4lo?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts