Toyota Tundra Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
754 Posts
I'm not familiar with axels etc..how much would you guess the conversion ran him?
someone in the forum already ran the numbers and to do it by himself I think it was 4k or so...if not in the 8k range do a search on it. IN the end I think he gave up after the price and just wanted to sell his car to get a 4x4 version...who knows. Either way this guy overspent on this truck to convert it.

·
Registered
4,487 Posts
A lot more than trading that truck in and getting a new one that's for sure lol.

The Atlas Transfer Cases alone are over 2grand... and can go up in price.

-rockstate

·
Registered
4,487 Posts
Bejeezuz ... is that thing all show or is it a capable offroader/
It looks like a street queen that is quite capable.

Overkill in axles, a top shelf name in transfer cases, and same goes for the shocks.

Didn't happen to catch what gears he's running. Anybody see?

-rockstate

·
Premium Member
733 Posts
Wow .

·
Premium Member
1,355 Posts
I think it looks like a butcher job with nthe front end that high. To me this is a show truck only you couldn't and wouldn't 4x4 with it.

·
Preferred Dealer
1,170 Posts
That truck uses a divorced Atlas transfer case. The stock 2WD transmission is retained, and a small driveshaft connects the transmission to the transfer case. For a project of that type, it makes allot of sense to start with a 2WD as the 4WD system is purely mechanical. Not much in the way of electronics and their interfacing with the various ECUs in the truck.

·
Registered
420 Posts
What a mess, be lucky to get $25k for it. Looks like the brakes, non Toyota, are tiny, you cannot even see them through the spokes.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Damn, that Tundra is waaaaaay over the top. Its a good custom lift, and I like the straight axle conversion in the front, especially using a Dana 60. What I don't understand though is why did he/she change the rear differential, Toyota added the new bigger rear diff and third member about the same size as a GM 14 bolt or Dana 70, so why get rid of it and replace with a smaller Dana 60. Only reason I can think of why is because it was 4.7L to start with, cause OEM, those only came with the smaller Toyota rear diff (same one in the Tacoma) and later dropped a 5.7. Probably a good setup, simple leaf spring rear, coil over front suspension with an Atlas II transfercase (one of the strongest you can get on the market). Something major breaks though, say the t-case or axles or the front coilovers, then its gonna cost alot to repair, especially on a custom lift. Also, theres way too much electronic stuff in the interior, probably wouldn't rock crawl with it, but light trail driving or mudding would be ideal, other than that, theres too much stuff to break in the inside and outside. Cost is too high if he's asking for 60k, probably good range of cost for that Tundra is around 40k IMO...

·
Mark it eight, Dude...
4,373 Posts
If I was going to post a very custom truck on ebay for $65k I would post a lot more pictures...

1 - 15 of 15 Posts