Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
404 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A buddy of mine just got a new (to him) shiny red '07 Silverado Crew Cab 4x4 with the 6.0 Vortec Max. I gotta admit I'm a bit jealous since I used to be Chevy man but I still think the Tundra is better all around truck. He's also been talking a lot of smack about how his 6.0 will kill the I-Force.... not that I plan on racing him but, suppose I did (on a track of course), what might be the outcome?

Thanks,

Wes

P.S. I realize this is a lame thread but I couldn't find anything related through a search.

·
Registered
819 Posts
Stock to stock you should win. His truck only puts out 367 @ 5500 RPM, we got 381.

·
Registered
126 Posts
This was from a Comparison test on insideline

2007 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 4WD Crew Cab LT2 0-60 7.2 1/4 mile 15.5

2007 Toyota Tundra Double Cab 4x4 LTD V8 0-60 6.3 1/4 mile 14.8

·
Registered
754 Posts
someone raced the chevy and stock for stock the tundra won the only time that chevy will win is when they have the bigger engine from a rolling start (a member lost to a chevy) I think with the 6.7L engine or is that the ford.
BTW: dont mention the supercharger TRD to him because he will call you "CHEATING".......

·
Registered
404 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
This was from a Comparison test on insideline

2007 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 4WD Crew Cab LT2 0-60 7.2 1/4 mile 15.5

2007 Toyota Tundra Double Cab 4x4 LTD V8 0-60 6.3 1/4 mile 14.8
I believe the LT2 is only the 5.3L engine. One disadvantage of the '07 6.0 is that they only mated it to a 4-speed auto. The later '09+ 6.2 Vortec should be faster since it has more power and a 6-speed.

-Wes

·
Premium Member
733 Posts
No probs you will smoke him

·
Registered
126 Posts
I believe the LT2 is only the 5.3L engine. One disadvantage of the '07 6.0 is that they only mated it to a 4-speed auto. The later '09+ 6.2 Vortec should be faster since it has more power and a 6-speed.

-Wes
That was a 6.0 in the test, I would have posted a link but wasnt sure of the forum policy on that.

·
The M.F.I.C.
3,762 Posts
Yours will beat the 6.0L/4-speed combo... However, the newer 6.2L/6-speed combo WILL beat your stock truck. I found that out the hard way, rolling at 70mph, he took me twice (crew-cab 4x4 to crew-cab 4x4) - although I can't say for sure that his was stock, but it looked/sounded like it. However, I have since added a TRD intake, and I'll soon be adding some type of exhaust and hopefully a custom tune, so if I meet him again, we'll see if the outcome changes at all.

·
Registered
139 Posts

·
Registered
32,593 Posts
Two races against the 6.2 / 6 speed. One was a Denali for sure. Pulled away steadily from both, about five lengths ahead in the quarter mile. Wonderful powertrain in the 6.2, too bad they saddle it with three tons of rolling barge. :lol:

·
...Raptor Slayer...
2,233 Posts
Very true. Unfortunately they have a great advantage over us in availability of mods.
Yea but i meant that stock and just for the basics we both have exhaust CAI and supercharger so anything else would be like building a race truck (cams, pistons, etc) only issue is dodge tranny would probably break with all that added with one stomp of the pedal LOL oh wait they do that stock...i love my Tundra

·
Registered
67 Posts
Like others have said stock for stock- no problem. Now if he has one of those black bear tunes i keep hearing about, it may be close.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts