Toyota Tundra Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 109 Posts

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
No kidding, I find myself using the brights in the left lane a lot more lately. "why are you in my way" I keep asking myself while pushing my plastic grilll up the a$$ of Mr. Suburu on the phone doing a lousy 82 mph in a 65! I need a train horn is what I'm thinking. Please advise...

·
Jedi Ninja in Training
8,309 Posts
Re: 5.7 makes a$$holes of nice guys

No kidding, I find myself using the brights in the left lane a lot more lately. "why are you in my way" I keep asking myself while pushing my plastic grilll up the a$$ of mr. suburu on the phone doing an lousy 82 mph in a 65. I need a train horn is what I'm thinking. Please advise...
I was hopeing it was'nt just me.:devil: I bet you will get a bunch of responses to this, we should probably start a support group.

"Hi, my name is Stimey, I suffer from Tundra induced roadrage and I like it!!!":D :tu:

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

I was hopeing it was'nt just me.:devil: I bet you will get a bunch of responses to this, we should probably start a support group.

"Hi, my name is Stimey, I suffer from Tundra induced roadrage and I like it!!!":D :tu:
Granted, I like it but I think I'm on a downward spiral toward prison. agree, we need a support group, this is not what my wife bargained for.

·
Banned
223 Posts

No kidding, I find myself using the brights in the left lane a lot more lately. "why are you in my way" I keep asking myself while pushing my plastic grilll up the a$$ of mr. suburu on the phone doing an lousy 82 mph in a 65. I need a train horn is what I'm thinking. Please advise...
I am always following some idiot on a cell phone totally unaware that he has choked the entire highway down to 50mph. All that he is concerned with is his phone call. Everyone trying to get around a no driving idiot driving a jam car. :td: There ought to be a law!!!

·
Super Genius
920 Posts

OK, I have to confess also. I am normally a very calm and safe driver. Not a racer or power-mod guy. Not a tailgater, excessive speeder, or road-rage seeker.

Had the 07 Tundra DC Limited for almost 2 months now. I have been racing and speed shifting the heck out of this thing just for the fun of it. Tonight on the way home from the office I stopped on the top of the highway entrance ramp, shifted into manual 4 mode, and floored the gas. I was up to speed and merged in just a few seconds and thought "wow, that was amazing, 0-60 in no time". Then I looked down at the gauge and was doing 87!

My train horn kit just arrived this week, will be installed as soon as my bed cover is on. I am living proof that the raw power and speed of the Tundra definitely corrupts otherwise innocent drivers.

·
Registered
99 Posts

thats so stupid. All we need is more people like you on the road tailgating someone at 90mph. Nice one ... I would call you in in an instant ... you know, just for the fun of it.

·
Registered
549 Posts

I find that the calf muscle in my right leg is getting substantially larger than my left...could it be that I am continuously depressing the gas pedal down? Also, I find myself making very unnecessary trips to Walmart, grociery store, or other places....just to find myself back home hours later with not one item in hand...could it be just for the joy rides:confused: :eek: :D YOU BET!!!!

·
Super Genius
920 Posts

I find myself making very unnecessary trips to Walmart, grociery store, or other places
LOL - I find myself offering to take the wife out more often, or trying to think of some things to run out and get late at night. I used to wait in the parking lot while she shopped in the boring-for-guys stores, now I tell her to call me when she is ready and I head back out of the lot as soon as she shuts the door...:eek:

·
Registered
549 Posts

LOL - I find myself offering to take the wife out more often, or trying to think of some things to run out and get late at night. I used to wait in the parking lot while she shopped in the boring-for-guys stores, now I tell her to call me when she is ready and I head back out of the lot as soon as she shuts the door...:eek:
:D that is awesome!! I also find myself going to the manual spray wash just to get my Tundra wet so that I can drive her around so that she can dry off...LOL. Not even my 07' Caddy Escalade gave me the urge to do that:rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,281 Posts

you think you got it bad? add a flowmaster and see waht that does to your foot. my god sometimes i just mash the gas to hear it. lol

·
Registered
302 Posts

Some of you guys tailgating, blowing your horn, flashing your lights just so you can be the "lead dog" in the I-xx rat race are just asking for something that is faster than the 5.7 but only weights a few ounces to be chasing you!!

·
Registered
440 Posts

is the tundra 5.7 double cab faster than a rangerover sport supercharged or a porshe cayanne s?

·
Deliciously Blunt
5,667 Posts

Ok, so I'll be coming off of a 420 Hp 400+ LbFt torque 6L Corvette when I get the Tundy....and it only wieghs ~3200Lb, so I'm thinking that the Tundy may actually calm me down...:rolleyes:

On the other hand it will have more balls than my Taco, so I'll probably be racing around like an idiot anyway:devil:

For those of you who are uptight about the rest of us flexing our peckers via our engines...lighten up. Your little lectures aren't going to bring us to our senses:devil:

·
Registered
1 Posts

Thats prob me in my 03 Baha in your way..Sorry...But trust me on this..I'm looking awful hard for a Tundra these days!

·
Tire Roasting Member
927 Posts

is the tundra 5.7 double cab faster than a rangerover sport supercharged or a porshe cayanne s?
Yep, both of 'em...

RR Sport S/C - 0-60 in around 7 flat

Porsche Cayenne S (non-turbo) - 0-60 in around 6.5-6.8

'07 Tundra - 0-60 in 6 flat:devil: :D

I haven't gotten the chance to really "have my way" with my Tundy yet. Still breaking her in. When I get to 500 miles, LOOKOUT!!:cool:

·
Tire Roasting Member
927 Posts

...For those of you who are uptight about the rest of us flexing our peckers via our engines...lighten up. Your little lectures aren't going to bring us to our senses:devil:
+1 :tu:

·
Jedi Ninja in Training
8,309 Posts

For those of you who are uptight about the rest of us flexing our peckers via our engines...lighten up. Your little lectures aren't going to bring us to our senses:devil:
+2 :tu:

·
Registered
285 Posts

Ok, so I'll be coming off of a 420 Hp 400+ LbFt torque 6L Corvette when I get the Tundy....and it only wieghs ~3200Lb, so I'm thinking that the Tundy may actually calm me down...:rolleyes:

On the other hand it will have more balls than my Taco, so I'll probably be racing around like an idiot anyway:devil:

LMAO: That is so funny. I am just waiting for the lectures here.

1 - 20 of 109 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.