Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought a 2007 Tundra DC 4x4 TRD w/the 5.7L. The dealer covered everything with me, but forgot to provide me with any special instruction in regards to breaking in the new 5.7.

Can anyone provide me with specifics on what they were told in regards to break in?:ts:

·
Jedi Ninja in Training
8,309 Posts
I just bought a 2007 Tundra DC 4x4 TRD w/the 5.7L. The dealer covered everything with me, but forgot to provide me with any special instruction in regards to breaking in the new 5.7.

Can anyone provide me with specifics on what they were told in regards to break in?:ts:
Toyota reccomended is in your manual.

If you know anything about motors, you may want to read this... Break In Secrets--How To Break In New Motorcycle and Car Engines For More Power

How many miles on it?

Congrats, you will be very happy.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I only have 600 miles on it right now, and I broke in a HEMI two years ago and followed some pretty precise instructions from the dealership. I'll read the link, thanks so much.

The 5.7 totally kicks the 5.7 Hemi in power and performance.

·
Jedi Ninja in Training
8,309 Posts
I only have 600 miles on it right now, and I broke in a HEMI two years ago and followed some pretty precise instructions from the dealership. I'll read the link, thanks so much.

The 5.7 totally kicks the 5.7 Hemi in power and performance.

Your motor is broke in acourding to most any method at 600 miles.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Your motor is broke in acourding to most any method at 600 miles.
I agree, at 600 miles it ain't gonna matter much what you do at this point. Drive it like you stole it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts