Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 89 Posts

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
What octane fuel is this with? Also, did they show you your stock and tune air/fuel ratio?

·
Registered
603 Posts
I am really interested in your impressions. I talked to them about doing mine, but i was waiting for a positive report first.

Im about to install LT's and wondering if the price tag is worth it to go ahead with the tuning.

Please report back with the results like MPG changes and noticeable power

·
The M.F.I.C.
3,762 Posts
So... did you have to purchase a chip, or do they use their own software?

How much $$$ ?

Will the Toyota techs notice it was tuned.... as in, will it void warranty?

Do you notice a difference... and did they change/firm the shift points as well?

·
Registered
2,947 Posts
So... did you have to purchase a chip, or do they use their own software?

How much $$$ ?

Will the Toyota techs notice it was tuned.... as in, will it void warranty?

Do you notice a difference... and did they change/firm the shift points as well?
This is what I want to know as well?

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
There is seperate hardware to purchase in addition to the tune. There is no permanent modification that the dealer can see once removed so there is no issue with warranty work. This is an actual dyno tune, not a chip tune. The tune on the truck was made on the dyno with a Motec PLM Wideband connected to the truck and logging on the dyno. Top end power is very noticeable. It will be a while before fuel economy gains can be reported if any. No changes to transmission shifting can be made, only engine control. The hardware can control nitrous, methanol, and secondary injectors as well.

·
The M.F.I.C.
3,762 Posts
how much $$$

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
There is seperate hardware to purchase in addition to the tune. There is no permanent modification that the dealer can see once removed so there is no issue with warranty work. This is an actual dyno tune, not a chip tune. The tune on the truck was made on the dyno with a Motec PLM Wideband connected to the truck and logging on the dyno. Top end power is very noticeable. It will be a while before fuel economy gains can be reported if any. No changes to transmission shifting can be made, only engine control. The hardware can control nitrous, methanol, and secondary injectors as well.
So what hardware controller/tuner are you using?

·
Registered
819 Posts
This sounds like something I would like. What hardware do you got to buy? How much? Do you know anywhere in central florida that can do this? They can tune the toyota computer?

·
Registered
2,669 Posts
Don't mean to be a Debbie Downer, but I'm not all that impressed.

Don't these trucks get 320HP at the wheels STOCK??

The initial 275 Hp pull, that's nearly a 30% drivetrain loss.........seems a tad high.

By any chance are there any before and after track times???

Thanks for posting the results.

·
Registered
2,947 Posts
I am here like the others again wanting the details being that you did not use a Unichip for tuning. Price, hardware, etc.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Secret Services Auto's dyno is known to read very very low...up to 15% lower than a Dynojet. The dyno is an eddy current loading dyno which applies a simulated load to the test vehicle. Much more accurate, much more consistent, much more realistic.

·
The M.F.I.C.
3,762 Posts
Is there a reason why you're being so secretive about the price & what hardware you had to purchase??? We've asked you 3 or 4 times, and this is a short thread so far.

·
Registered
819 Posts
I am going to call BS on this guy!

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
I am going to call BS on this guy!
Its not like he's posting some outlandish results or anything so we'll wait and see. The the only other hardware available to tune the Yota's is from URD so maybe that is what he used. Its a Mustang dyno also so its gonna read low.

Bill3508

·
Registered
4,519 Posts
Its not like he's posting some outlandish results or anything so we'll wait and see. The the only other hardware available to tune the Yota's is from URD so maybe that is what he used. Its a Mustang dyno also so its gonna read low.

Bill3508
I was wondering the same thing. I am sure that I have seen some stock dyno numbers about the same that he has posted?

·
Registered
984 Posts
Don't mean to be a Debbie Downer, but I'm not all that impressed.

Don't these trucks get 320HP at the wheels STOCK??

The initial 275 Hp pull, that's nearly a 30% drivetrain loss.........seems a tad high.

By any chance are there any before and after track times???

Thanks for posting the results.
He was tuned on a mustang dyno, same as me. They show about 10% less than typical dynojets. Stock tundras dyno anywhere from 300-310 hp.

He was putting out about the equivalent of 302hp and 333tq stock. 338hp and 344 tq after the tune. Pretty good gains. That's an increase of 36 hp and 11 tq. Hope this puts it into perspective.

To the OP, why so secretive on the hardware/cost?

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
That's great results, interested in seeing more. If you can give us a few more details then they'll have my business. I'd like for em to do my tune with the cutouts open :)

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
As SSA is not a sponsor yet on this forum, no pricing will be posted. Please call the shop at (713) SSA-RACE ....(713) 772-7223 for more information. A supercharged graph showing before and after SSA tuned will be posted within the next week or so.

1 - 20 of 89 Posts