Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
457 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My dealer told me 5.7s are hard to get in Eastern Canada becuase they are so popular in the US. All they have coming is 4.7s.

What about the rest of canada?

·
Registered
699 Posts
I live in ONtario and theres alot of 5.7's on th lots. maybe try going to a different dealer he just wants to get rid of what he has by the sounds of things.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I'm on the east side of Toronto (Oshawa- where GM builds their trucks) and there are 5.7's here. My dealer has a beautiful white one on his lot CM and 2 other DC 5.7's in green...

·
Registered
104 Posts
What I understood from my dealer when I got mine, was intially without pricing when they first came out many dealers were scared to place large orders for 5.7 because of gas prices, how much would it be. If it was $3,000.00 more, etc. When they found out it was $1,300.00 or so, all he said is I would have ordered them all with 5.7's. So now that everyone knows I bet pretty much all the orders are for 5.7's and that is putting a strain on supply.

On a side note.... Not confirmed and is from a dealer. I already own mine so I can't see him lying, but appartently the pricing for the 5.7 is going up minimum $1,000.00 for 08's. So all you guys waiting for 08's good luck, you may be in for a shock and have to settle for a 4.7... I can't see them pissing people off like that, but Toyota itself stated that the orders for 5.7's were not predicted..

·
Registered
971 Posts
Here in Winnipeg the 5.7 Tundras are sold almost as soon as they hit the lot. More 4.7s available than 5.7s.:)

·
Registered
15 Posts
Most of the Tundras that have come through the dealer here are 5.7's. A few weeks back there was a regcab/long box on the lot that had the 5.7 and went in a few days.....

1 - 8 of 8 Posts