Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just hit 50,000 miles and was wanting to know if there is anything I need to do. I do not tow anything and I am not hard on my truck. It is an 06 double cab.

·
Registered
3,510 Posts
Toyota Parts and Service
Scheduled Maintenance at the link above is exactly the same as the service book that came in your owners manual packet! You can enter your trucks info and see what has been missed at the link above! I just hit 50K and it's not a huge service but i decided to do the following. Plugs,Coolant,& ATF at 50K is because that is when i feel they need to be changed at, i tow a boat! Oil & Filter i do every 5K miles and the air filter i do at every 10K. Alignments & Balance should be done at least annually and i rotate my tires at every oil change, i did the drive train fluids at 30K so i will probably not do them at 60K because i went with synthetic fluids on my 30K cycle! The ATF & Coolant will get done maybe next week, i just spent 600.00 bucks on Alignment, Front Brakes, Fluid flush on front brakes, balance and rotation and a set of Energy Suspension Rack Bushings. The labor stung a little bit but my hands are still clean and it all happened in less than 1.5 hours! Had 2 techs busting the job out and it drives better than it did new! Rear shoes did not need changing and they will make it way past 50K.
1. Spark Plugs
2. Oil Change & Filter
3. Coolant
4. ATF Flush
5. Air Filter
6. Balance and Rotate Tires
7. Alignment
They say ATF, Coolant & Spark plugs can go some ridiculous 100K+ but i throw the BS flag on all that but that is just me! Plugs at 50K did make the engine run smoother and it seems to idle a lot smoother at a lower rpm also!

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I just got an alignment and tire rotation & balance about 6 months ago. Air filter was changed aty 30,000 miles. My oil & filter is changed every 3,000 - that is due in another 1,000 miles.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts