Toyota Tundra Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2010 2wd CM TRD. The truck primarily sees city and highway miles with some light beach and field duty. My goal is to give the truck a beefier look and my current strategy is to put 5100s up front only, 1.5 hub centric spacers all around, and replace stock 275s with 285/65/18 Terra Grapplers or similar on my TRD wheels.

Curious to see if anyone else has similar set up and could post pics.

Also, swaying towards the 5100s but had previously thought of just using front spacer for the leveling. I've read a few posts that go back a few years comparing the pros and cons of the two and would like to get feedback on the current consensus, if any, on 5100s vs spacers. Thanks!

·
Registered
2,966 Posts
i know a few guys with the 2nd gen on spacer lifts but as for me i like my 5100 better on my 1st gen so i would say that the ride quality is still probably better with the 5100s on the 2nd gen tundra.

and if your going to be putting wheel spacers on you could try a 295/70/18 (34") to give it a taller and more beefier stance. and it wouldn't rub the UCA with the wheel spacers on there. just a thought

·
Registered
270 Posts
I did similar on my '11 2wd Limited CM, minus the spacers. I put new 5100s all around (only front set adjust). My stock shocks were already shot at 40k when I made the switch, which surprised me. I went with Toyo Open Country AT2s b/c I like their looks a little better and I don't see as many of them around. Very much like the setup. Unrelated, I also added a Helwig adjustable sway bar at the same time which took a good bit of body roll out of the truck on corners, and I'm on 20" Limited rims.

Thread with pics...

http://www.tundrasolutions.com/forums/tundra/251529-pics-11-crewmax-5100-leveled-toyo/

·
Registered
838 Posts
I have that set up without the wheel spacers and my shocks are set in the middle.

Got new shocks because I figured might as well get something new out of the deal and stretch the service life since I already had it all apart.

I look forward to going to a 275/70/18 tire next time. Taller and only a little bit skinnier. Will fill the wheel well better.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
xsnrg the look of your truck is what I'm shooting for. Since I have the OEM fender flares, I'm thinking the spacers will eliminate the "tucked in" look my tires currently have. My CM has 39K miles but feel like the shocks are still good but will have them checked out during the process.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Silverbear,

I had a Toytec Ultimate lift put in that consisted of Bilstein 5100 series coilovers and a Deaver add-a-leaf in the rear. It is pretty close to a 3/1. Here are some pics.

STOCK

TOYTEC ULTIMATE LIFT/DEAVER ADD-A-LEAF WITH ROCK WARRIOR ALLOYS 285/70r17s

ROCK WARRIOR ALLOYS WITH 295/70 r17s

Hope this helps!

Regards,

BWJ

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Very nice.

Saw a CM on spring break this week with front leveling kit and stock TRD wheels. Might be able to skip the spacers and just go with level and tires.

·
Registered
95 Posts
I put 2.5" coil spacers up front in my 08 CM, I'd like to replace shocks now. Has anyone heard of the 5100s WITH coilspacers? Because I'd like a set of 4 that match and I'm not going to buy lifted shocks when there's no lift in the rear

SjG Ft.

·
Registered
471 Posts
I'd strongly consider 297/70R18 or 285/75R18. I bought the 285s first then added the lift later. See my photo gallery for pix. Couldn't afford to do it all at once.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
There's a smoking deal on a set of used 295/70/18 terra grapplers but still waiting on the new 5100s since they are back order. Not sure if I can run the 295s pure stock without some rubbing.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts