Toyota Tundra Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys just ordered some billsteins for the front and will prolly just go with the middle notch which will just level out the truck right. about a 1.5" lift or so. my question is will this be enough lift to put a 285/60/18 on there. i will be getting new wheels with this setup eventually with either a 5" backspace(0mm) or 4.5(-12mm). thanks for your time and help in advance. btw i drive an 06 DC 2wd. thats why im going with a smaller tire than most.

·
Premium Member
11,253 Posts
It will only work at that height if you trim some material from within the wheel well. I wouldn't recommend it, if you've not access to the equipment nor desire to cut the body...in that case, just run them at 2" or 2.5" as usual for a 33x10.5" tire.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
so put em on the fourth notch and maybe a 1" block or aal. would fit a 285 w/no issues.

·
Registered
1,383 Posts
4th or 5th notch (2 or 2.5) will be better for 285's. Top notch may be nose high, so a block or an AAL will make it level, or if you like the that kind of stance a 285 will fit with no lift in the rear. But like DevinSixtySeven said, it will probly rub the inner wheel well a little, and you might have to trim some of the plastic.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanks for the help derek24. ive done plenty of research and there are so many options thats why i just decided to make my own post. all im really looking for is a moderate lift thats why i got the billsteins, and a somewhat beefy tire for looks. my truck is only used for street use and pulling a boat out of a ramp thats it. i want to steer clear of any trimming whatsoever. how about a 275/65/18 which is about 32x11. if anyone knows or has heard or this lemme know.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts