07 tundra yet. Any difficulty in doing this. Is there a kit for the
frame for a hitch?
1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Anybody out there have a 5th wheel hitch installed on the
07 tundra yet. Any difficulty in doing this. Is there a kit for the
frame for a hitch?

Have you checked with Reese?
Drawtite & Reese Fifth Wheel Hitches

They might know if there is one or if there is one coming soon.

Bill
I had a Drawtite installed last year on my 08. I pull a Jayco 285BH. No complaints.
I have a reese on my 07, have had it for about ayear and a half now. I tow a 29 ft Zinger, tows great.
DSP 16,000 lb hitch in the 6.5' bed, lots of towing of a 34' 5er, no problem.
WOW this a old thread with a new life.
I have a hidden hitch under bed gooseneck hitch on my 07 DC that was put on 3 mos after i bought the truck. Works great. Love the gooseneck.

I would recomend the B&W over the hidden hitch though.
is it ok to put 5th wheel hitch in 07 2wd tundra limited trd & haul 32 ft 11000 lb. trailer ?
I have an 07 RCSB with a Husky 16K slider hitch pulling an 05 Aljo 27' and everything is good.
is it ok to put 5th wheel hitch in 07 2wd tundra limited trd & haul 32 ft 11000 lb. trailer ?
I don't know whether or not it's "OK", but I've towed 10,000 plus quite a bit with my 4X4 and I've not had any problems myself. . .
is it ok to put 5th wheel hitch in 07 2wd tundra limited trd & haul 32 ft 11000 lb. trailer ?[/QUOTE

Is it 11,000 pounds before or after it's loaded?

Either way, you are over the capacity. I'm sure you will get varied opinions.
Is it 11,000 pounds before or after it's loaded?

Either way, you are over the capacity. I'm sure you will get varied opinions.
Exactly. The yahoos will say go for 20,000 lbs, you'll be fine, the WP will say don't exceed 80% of rating.

I'm somewhere in between, but don't like to exceed capacity much even with airbags, 10 ply tires, good brakes and well balanced load.
Check with a guy on here "choco" he runs his crewmax with a 5th wheel as a hot shot truck, I think he pulls close to 10,000 lbs pretty regular. Pm him or search for his threads.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.