Toyota Tundra Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In case any of you Tundra owners wondered what would happen if you pulled up to a stoplight next to a 6.2 liter SVT Ford Raptor, here is the answer.

The Tundra belongs to me. Bone stock. 2010. 86 octane.

The Raptor belongs to my buddy. Air Raid intake and custom tune running 91 octane.

Raptor vs. Tundra - YouTube

·
Mark it eight, Dude...
4,373 Posts
The 35" AT's are a big disadvantage for the raptor.

·
Registered
63 Posts
They did do a good job on the looks of the raptor though. Looks so much better that the stock F150. Now they just need to get away from unions and back to a good powerplant that ford used to make. I will keep my tundra though.

·
Registered
374 Posts
Thanks for posting that. The Ford fanboys over at f150forum.com are convinced the Ford 6.2L is the second coming of Christ and would trounce the Tundra. I knew it wasn't the case based on the stats I've read, now you posted video proof. Just confirms my belief that our 5.7L engine is still the finest engine ever put in a production half ton pickup truck, bar none.

·
Registered
292 Posts
That was the longest Race Track I've ever seen.. -LoL

Hey pls elaborate on that video camera set up! What kind of camera was that and how the heck did you mount it on your right fender??

·
Registered
195 Posts
Good to know - Raptor looks very cool from the front, would´t mind if Toyota copy part of it and
put a 8 speed transmission in the next generation Tundra - that should bring it into 5sec for 0-60.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Holy Crap my heart was beating throughout the video I thought I was actually in the race haha!!! Could you guys imagine buying a 55k truck and adding performance mods and then getting beat by a bone stock Tundra, It happens to my friends a lot they buy their new Silverados, Rams, F150s, and add all these performance mods and they still can't even keep up with My stock 5.7L Tundra.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks guys!

It's true! The Tundra powertrain is a freakshow! The responsiveness of the engine and tranny are dramatically superior to that of the SVT. I've had the pleasure of driving my buddies Ford Raptor, and I must admit that the suspension is awesome compared to my TRD set-up. The engine on the Ford is painfully sluggish, however, and the tranny is reluctant to shift with any sort of urgency. This has been a particular disappointment in regards to the Raptor.

The camera is a GoPro Hero mounted to the right-front portion of the hood with the suction cup mount! It's a bit scary entrusting the $250 camera to a suction cup, but so far, so good! I need to place the camera on the roof so the panorama aims backwards a bit so you can see the Raptor.

·
Registered
216 Posts
Try the same race off road and see what happens.
I don't think that a stock Tundra is safe to drive quickly over a speed bump :D They have the TRD package for those of us that have to deal with speed bumps and pot holes :clown:
Before mine was leveled(lifted), I couldn't drain the oil without ramps. It couldn't clear a simply little beer gut!

The 5.7L needs to find a home in a Supra like vehicle. Toyota is lacking fun cars. Supra? MR2? Celica? Yawn!

The Raptor needs the Ecoboost. The 6.2L is heavy and bloated. And, the 6.2L is a simple engine.... SOHC, 2 valves per cylinder, iron block.... Its not meant to be a racecar. Ford has the Mustang! Toyota has a Subaru FT-86 :rolleyes:

·
Registered
101 Posts
Offroad video footage ...?
STAY TUNED!

During Thanksgiving break: Tundra vs. cRaptor!

Note: I've got the suspension to match (exceed). Engine/Exhaust is stock, K/N Drop-In.
Both trucks running 35" Toyo Open County M/T... So the playing field is pretty level

I've built my truck to embarrass cocky Raptor owners, time to put up or shut up!

BUILT, NOT BOUGHT. :becky:

·
Registered
415 Posts
I have been searching for a new F-150 6.2L non Raptor model to go head to head against since all the F-150 forums claim these will be the Tundra killer. As the excuse of comparing the Raptor to the Tundra is that it is offroad tuned and not so much setup for street running.

For rogue-status get em son, these F-Series boys really need to be put in there place and give them a new reason to come up with excuses that the 5 yr old model truck is still owning the new and improved Ford.

·
Registered
2,534 Posts
I still haven't had chance to run a Raptor, but based on the results of your video, my supercharger isn't going to have it be much of a competition.

·
Premium Member
589 Posts
When I bought my truck I can't believe I even considered not getting the 5.7L engine.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts