Toyota Tundra Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
459 Posts
With alot of money you could change the 6th gear ratio. Haven't heard of anyone doing it.

If your in NYsitty w/ stop an go, the 6spds low gears aren't gonna return same mpg as auto. Also, how fast you driving? 6th in manual isnt as tall as 5th in the auto. So at 75-80 the auto will pull a couple mpgs better. That said, 6th is great for us in upstate NY, I see over 20 mpg on 'country' highways (55-65mph).

·
Registered
459 Posts
I average the exact same with my 07 dc 4x4 6 spd manual, 16 - 18 mpg, it sucks!! I wish I had gotten the auto!
Estimated MPG's are listed right on the sticker. IN US and Canada mpg tests the manual got a tick less than the auto. Although I gander I get the same mpg as the auto in my terrain.

·
Registered
459 Posts
estimated mpg on sticker is 20 city 26 highway, ok 18 mpg highway is no where near 26 as the sticker states. just my 2 cents...

I'm guessing your talking 18 Canadian Imperial Gallons, so 15 mpg in US gallons... Maybe if temps are -30, but not in spring, that is bad. In stop and go? If yours is a new 07 than might need to break in still. Otherwise, ease up on your rpms when shifting, try to keep the rpms around 1900-2000, little higher on uphills and lower on descents.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.