Toyota Tundra Forums banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1,880 Posts
If I were you Id check out some of the custom tranny companies that are readily found in magazines, or do a search on the web. Having a shop machine out some custom gears should be cheaper then taking a hit on what you've paid off on the truck, if you trade it for a auto. If they made one, I suspect some others might consider swapping out their gears as well.

Ive been getting around 17mpg with driving to work and back, and some goofing around. Its mostly highway, with a mile or two getting to the highway, a couple of stops and 35-50mph zones.

Strictly highway at 70 I've averaged around 19. RPM's sit at 2500 at that speed. In town only and back roads (VT roads can be steep and windy) I average I guess around 15-17.

If you are getting that bad of mileage on the highway, and not going 90+, Id suspect something is going on. Either you arent shifting properly or air filter is clogged or the engine needs to be checked out.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.