Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is a very interesting read comparing the 2019 Toyota Tundra to 2019 Toyota Tacoma. I highly recommend reading it, written by one of the top authorities in Toyota reporting Toyotajeff of Youtube, who reports also for Torque News.

For example

Round 1: “I’ve Got the Power”
The 2019 Toyota Tacoma and 2019 Tundra have engine size choices based on how you will use your truck. The main question is: what is best for you?
Tacoma offers a 2.7-liter 4-cylinder that delivers 159 horsepower and 180 lb.-ft. torque. The more popular 3.5-liter V6 engine gives drivers 278hp and 265 lb-ft. torque. You can choose a 6-speed electronically controlled automatic transmission or the 6-speed manual offered in certain V6 models like TRD Sport, Off-Road and the Pro.
On the flip side, for those requiring a healthy boost in power, maybe 2019 Toyota Tundra is the one for you. Buyers will be able to pick between two solid V8 choices. The 4.6-liter V8 engine provides 310 horsepower and 327 lb.-ft. torque. This is perfectly sufficient for many truck drivers. However, the “I want a truck with power” option is 5.7-liter V8, delivering 381 horsepower and 401 lb.-ft. torque. All Tundra’s drive with a 6-speed electronically controlled automatic transmission with intelligence (ECT-i).

1 - 2 of 2 Posts