Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is a very interesting read comparing the 2019 Toyota Tundra to 2019 Toyota Tacoma. I highly recommend reading it, written by one of the top authorities in Toyota reporting Toyotajeff of Youtube, who reports also for Torque News.

For example

Round 1: “I’ve Got the Power”
The 2019 Toyota Tacoma and 2019 Tundra have engine size choices based on how you will use your truck. The main question is: what is best for you?
Tacoma offers a 2.7-liter 4-cylinder that delivers 159 horsepower and 180 lb.-ft. torque. The more popular 3.5-liter V6 engine gives drivers 278hp and 265 lb-ft. torque. You can choose a 6-speed electronically controlled automatic transmission or the 6-speed manual offered in certain V6 models like TRD Sport, Off-Road and the Pro.
On the flip side, for those requiring a healthy boost in power, maybe 2019 Toyota Tundra is the one for you. Buyers will be able to pick between two solid V8 choices. The 4.6-liter V8 engine provides 310 horsepower and 327 lb.-ft. torque. This is perfectly sufficient for many truck drivers. However, the “I want a truck with power” option is 5.7-liter V8, delivering 381 horsepower and 401 lb.-ft. torque. All Tundra’s drive with a 6-speed electronically controlled automatic transmission with intelligence (ECT-i).

·
Registered
13 Posts
I read some articles on this site and I think your blog is really interesting and has great information. Thanks for sharing.
fnaf

·
Registered
24 Posts
These vehicles are built for different use and capabilities. Tundra is mainly for Americans who like bigger trucks and does more hauling job while Tacoma is more on for versatility.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts