Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I own a 2002 Tundra that I purchased used and unfortunately with no owners manual. Wondering if anyone may help me with what I need to have performed for my 60,000 mile tune-up. My dealership wants around $695 to do it. Thanks and much appreciated!

·
Registered
3,510 Posts
I own a 2002 Tundra that I purchased used and unfortunately with no owners manual. Wondering if anyone may help me with what I need to have performed for my 60,000 mile tune-up. My dealership wants around $695 to do it. Thanks and much appreciated!
First thing i would do is ask dealer to run a maintenance inquiry on your VIN# to see what type of routine/scheduled maintenance he can find if ya did not allready do this before buying!! ya might be surprised what they can find if they wanta find something!! i just did timingbelt on my older 93 PU 4x4 and i bought it at 140K miles and it now has 233 so the timing belt was showing a lotta wear but just small crack and not too many!! do not know when last belt was changed so i figured it was overdue and glad i did it!! power steering shaft seal leaking badly also so i got it all!! the big thing was the idler bearing!! it was really LOUD and now the motor is super quite!! they say you should get 90K on timing belts easy but my belt had been on their longer from the look of it!! That link was a good find!! i would just get one from Toyota and get a Haynes manual and watch those dealers they will sell you the kitchen sink and loose NO sleep!! once ya find a good one your ok but good luck!! i am retired mechanic and i trust none of them for a reason!! called past experience's!! so what were they offering for that price? i know it could not be much!!

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks so much everyone, this helps out a great deal! Again, they were asking around $695 for everything, seems a little pricey to me.

·
Registered
3,510 Posts
So it's so little maintenance that you are ashamed to tell us or you were just teasing us!! just kidding 700 bucks is a group of money and hope you get what ya paid for!! From what i read on that file for the 60K service it could run you over 700 bucks EASY!! i would get a manual and get my hands dirty and do most all those items myself!! Tranny flush i would let them do and cross fingers they did it correct!! if you have no tools and mechanical ability get an appointment!! just do not let things snowball on ya cause then you spend thousands of dollars justto keep your head above water!! Toyotas are reliable but do require maintenance!! good luck!!

·
Premium Member
240 Posts
There is an online maintenance guide here:
Toyota Parts and Service

BTW, I would go ahead and replace the serpentine belt. Many report that it starts to squeal at about 60k. Easy to change too.
Easy Change?

Really?:confused:

Doesn't the water pump have to come off to do that?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts