Toyota Tundra Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need some real expertise and experience here. I travel often for business taking me to areas where parking is only an option in parking garages. Can anyone tell me for certain if my 2007 Crewmax with 7" of suspension lift will fit into these garages. I will run my 35" tires on 18" rims as well.

Thx for very accurate guidance!

·
Registered
374 Posts
Im runnin a 3 inch lift with 35's and I just came out of a hospital parking garage and my antenna was hitting the cross beams. It was kinda scarin the crap outta me. I could reach out and touch the beams. So as to your question.....yes I think the 7 inch lift would be to tall.

·
Registered
1,901 Posts
It depends on the garage. I have a 6" lift with 37's and i can go as long as the clearance is 7' or more. Anything less than 7' i wont try it.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
What do you think the average clearance in Parking Garages is? Under or over 7"

Thx all for the feedback thus far, keep it comming

·
Registered
1,901 Posts
What do you think the average clearance in Parking Garages is? Under or over 7"

Thx all for the feedback thus far, keep it comming
Here it's 7' but i have seen it 6'8" in alot of places.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Mine is stock and I cant get in at most of the parking garages in SFO. 3/1 coming in two weeks with new shoes..... I will NOT even try to park in any garage........ not worth it.

·
Mark it eight, Dude...
4,373 Posts
ademadude probably has the best insight. I would have no idea but I sure wouldn't think you could fit in most.

·
Mark it eight, Dude...
4,373 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
I need some real expertise and experience here. I travel often for business taking me to areas where parking is only an option in parking garages. Can anyone tell me for certain if my 2007 Crewmax with 7" of suspension lift will fit into these garages. I will run my 35" tires on 18" rims as well.

Thx for very accurate guidance!
I sure as hell didn't fit. So i valeted the b!tch and let them worry about it :D
Regular cab stock height 76.4 in

My truck came with 32's stock. So plus 7 in front and plus 4 in back I'd say the truck went up say 6". Then add 2 1/2 more for the 37's. So thats 8.5" taller

76.4+8.5=84.9 +/- an inch.

·
Registered
918 Posts
Alot of them around here are about 78 at the least, some a bit more. I've fit in every one of them so far, some with probably only 3-4 inches to spare. My Tundra 4x4 crewmax, stock ride height, is about 76. I think so much as a leveling kit and I'd give up on garages. I will be staying at stock height. Not worth drivin around looking at height signs and then carefully checking the terrain going into the garage to see if it's flat ground or it slopes. The other day we went into one at the mall and the fiance almost had a heart attack, making me jump. She panicked at the last second, thinking we were gonna hit.

·
Registered
90 Posts
^^ na I had a 3/1 on my truck and while I could stick my arm out and touch the beams. Betty was a bout 3 to 4 inches away from the bars. Remember that 3/1 won't actually lift your truck up 3".

·
Registered
7,461 Posts
^^ na I had a 3/1 on my truck and while I could stick my arm out and touch the beams. Betty was a bout 3 to 4 inches away from the bars. Remember that 3/1 won't actually lift your truck up 3".
some will lift a full 3 inches.....FYI..

3/1.5 for me (full 3 in frt, and more like 2 in the rear from the 1.5 blocks.....) and 275/70/18s and i can fit in some parking garages but not most....just measure it to be sure...and make sure u realize some garages go up to the next level and cause the front to start going up an incline and the roof isnt raised there...so as the front goes up the middle goes up too and depending on how close you are, you can strike the top...(did that in a 15 pass 3/4 chevy van when i worked at a dealership.....that thing was long and when the front went up going up the incline it scraped the ceiling...kinda like high centering when off roading but just from the top haha)

·
Registered
90 Posts
some will lift a full 3 inches.....FYI..

3/1.5 for me (full 3 in frt, and more like 2 in the rear from the 1.5 blocks.....) and 275/70/18s and i can fit in some parking garages but not most....just measure it to be sure...and make sure u realize some garages go up to the next level and cause the front to start going up an incline and the roof isnt raised there...so as the front goes up the middle goes up too and depending on how close you are, you can strike the top...(did that in a 15 pass 3/4 chevy van when i worked at a dealership.....that thing was long and when the front went up going up the incline it scraped the ceiling...kinda like high centering when off roading but just from the top haha)
3" lift for the wheel well (ground to the middle of the wheel well) But the roof of the truck is just pivoting so in total height it won't be a full 3 inches....

·
Registered
383 Posts
Stock height for most of the Tundras are 6'4" so you can just add the extra height for the lift and tires.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts