Toyota Tundra Forums banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone out there have a Double cab with a long bed. I tow a fifth wheel camper and would like to have the extra wheel base. Gotta have the Double Cab. I'm hoping I can order one like I'm looking for, Limited DC, 4x2, long bed, non flex fuel, & best of all the 5.7L.

·
Registered
4,495 Posts
Many people on here have that setup...Search around the threads and image galleries.

·
Benny Hill
17,369 Posts
They are HUGE. They won't fit in any parking spots at the Mall LOL.

·
Registered
4,495 Posts
Tundra Limo LOL

·
Registered
916 Posts
Yea, there are 3 guys near me that have DC LB Tundras. I originally wanted a LB myself, but it would be a pain in the neck to park. I don't think I would ever find a way to parallel park it!

·
Registered
44 Posts
I have the 6 ft bed with DC and use it to pull my 5th wheel. I have he slider hitch but have not had to use it. Pulls like a champ.

·
Registered
2,966 Posts
Unfortunately you cant get a double cab long bed with the Limited package. Thats what I wanted when I ordered mine, but I was quickly shut down.

·
Registered
513 Posts
yes yes, i know they are hard to park, stick out everywhere... turn radius..... it was no longer than my dads extended cab chevy 3500 and had a better turn radius. i have no problems driving my sr5 DCLB, you'd be amazed how E tires can extend your turning ability's lol. i can't imagine a useful truck without the 8 foot bed, but that's just me, i haul a lot of tools. i don't know whether you can get it in limited or not, but when we went to buy ours we were turned away by a sales man that said tundras do not come with an 8 foot bed (i knew better). as we were leaving the head of sales came running out, we bought the only DCLB with tow on the lot. (an autoway with a lot of tundras)

·
Registered
60 Posts
yes yes, i know they are hard to park, stick out everywhere... turn radius..... it was no longer than my dads extended cab chevy 3500 and had a better turn radius. i have no problems driving my sr5 DCLB, you'd be amazed how E tires can extend your turning ability's lol. i can't imagine a useful truck without the 8 foot bed, but that's just me, i haul a lot of tools. i don't know whether you can get it in limited or not, but when we went to buy ours we were turned away by a sales man that said tundras do not come with an 8 foot bed (i knew better). as we were leaving the head of sales came running out, we bought the only DCLB with tow on the lot. (an autoway with a lot of tundras)
I totally agree. I did the 6 ft when I was yoiung and cool. As I aged, like a fine wine BTW, I realized the 8 footer provided me with much more ability to haul "stuff".
Parking can be an issue so when going to shopping centers I park a long way from the front door. Walking is good for you as your "age" :first:.

·
Registered
330 Posts
I have the DC 8 foot bed, tow like a champ, love the room in it, and yes some times it is PIA to park in some shoping centers, how ever, I would by a 8 ft again.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I ordered the DCLB specifically to double tow my fifth wheel and attached 14 foot trailer. Added E rated tires and just put firestones on the rear last week. Best truck I have ever owned for towing-much more comfortable and reliable than my former F350 diesel. Mine came with the flexfuel option, which at first, I thought would be a PITA. However, I sure do enjoy paying 50 cents a gallon less than regular unleaded. On my trip to Vegas last week flexfuel was $2.25/gallon! Haven't noticed any less fuel economy or horsepower either, even when pulling both trailers.

·
Registered
754 Posts
Unfortunately you cant get a double cab long bed with the Limited package. Thats what I wanted when I ordered mine, but I was quickly shut down.
I bet you can with a special order???? Being limited does not mean anything at all...it stuff you can get after the truck is done anyways. YOu can even buy the limited badge afterwards...if it makes one feel better

·
Registered
754 Posts
On my trip to Vegas last week flexfuel was $2.25/gallon! Haven't noticed any less fuel economy or horsepower either, even when pulling both trailers.
if you havent noticed the lower mpg that means you are not monitoring it..flex fuel gets lower mpg than regular gas does. On top of that if you use flex fuel you have double your maintence..i.e. oil changes at half intervals, etc..

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I have one and it does a great job pulling my camper. How much does your fifth wheel weigh?
It weigh's about 6800lbs. I'm currently pulling it with an 2002 Tundra limited with 4.7L, which is just above my max limit, so I am looking forward to the 5.7L. I would love to have the longer bed, the 6.5 box just isn't enough for a lot of things. It should help with the ride while towing as well. I have a slider hitch, but the extra length would still be better

·
Registered
424 Posts
They are HUGE. They won't fit in any parking spots at the Mall LOL.
HA! They are huge, and I can park "rockstar" with the best of um... :devil:

·
Registered
60 Posts
It weigh's about 6800lbs. I'm currently pulling it with an 2002 Tundra limited with 4.7L, which is just above my max limit, so I am looking forward to the 5.7L. I would love to have the longer bed, the 6.5 box just isn't enough for a lot of things. It should help with the ride while towing as well. I have a slider hitch, but the extra length would still be better
I had a 2006 double cab before this truck. The difference in towing is night and day.

·
Registered
23 Posts
That extra wheel base makes a big diffrence while towing. The extra 2 feet gives you a much better feel of control while pulling a 9000lb load. i usually pull fully loaded dump trailers full of material or trash. 4WD is a must at the dump.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts