Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2002 access cab..and am swapping from two 12's to the two 8's under the seat in the Q-Logic box. I was just wondering what 8's people seem to be the happiest with. I know it won't beat like the 12's..but I know some 8's on the market do slam. I have a good sized amp to drive them( don't remember the size..truck is in Fl, I am in the Middle East).

Thanks for your help. I am trying to order all my toys for my truck while I am deployed then put it all together when I get home.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I've always had great luck with JL audio. The 8w3 is one of the best subs I ever had. In a good box they will really surprise you. Plan on putting some in my truck again eventually.

·
Registered
655 Posts
thanks for your service first off.now to the subs,JL audio 8w3s or w6.those are the best subs out there,imo.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Well, what type of music do you play, and how loud? What kind of depth does the box give you? Can't really recommend a sub without knowing that stuff.

·
Registered
916 Posts
I'll get on the 8w3 bandwagon. I have one in a small JL Audio ported box under the seat in my 10 DC. That thing hits way harder than you would expect!

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well, what type of music do you play, and how loud? What kind of depth does the box give you? Can't really recommend a sub without knowing that stuff.

I listen to a little bit of everything, well except country. I usually crank it pretty loud.

If I remember right the box is a little over 4.5" deep.

·
Registered
404 Posts
If money were no object (and they aren't really that expensive), I would get the Image Dynamics ID8 v.3. Although the W3 is no slouch, there is a comparison floating around on the internet somewhere and the ID8 came out on top. Do some modeling in WinISD and reading around on various car audio forums and you'll see what I'm talking about. If your looking for something more economical, the RE Audio REX8 is a really good sub, especially for the money. They are actually hard to beat in a ported box from what I've heard (I'll soon find out first hand when I get mine installed).

-Wes

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
If money were no object (and they aren't really that expensive), I would get the Image Dynamics ID8 v.3. Although the W3 is no slouch, there is a comparison floating around on the internet somewhere and the ID8 came out on top. Do some modeling in WinISD and reading around on various car audio forums and you'll see what I'm talking about. If your looking for something more economical, the RE Audio REX8 is a really good sub, especially for the money. They are actually hard to beat in a ported box from what I've heard (I'll soon find out first hand when I get mine installed).

-Wes
I looked into the Image Dynamics ID8...buuuut the price is scary... The REX8 is on the list of subs I am looking at, and the price isn't that bad. I wish I could hear all the subs I am looking at.. but being stuck in Qatar for a while kinda limits that

·
Registered
142 Posts
Funny you should mention ID... that's what I have.. and I LOVE EM! They are very fast and transparent.. just awesome. But again, may not be your cup of tea.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts