Toyota Tundra Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Over the past nearly six years, I had a ton of fun and spent a lot of money on my 04 Tundra. I bought my Tundra in the summer of 04 from Findlay Toyota. I started out small with a set of wheels, tires and front spacers. In the summer of 08, I burned up my credit card (since paid off!!!) and got my truck to where I love it.

I have to thank Victor (mustang67408) and the rest of the crew at Findlay for all the work they did on my truck. And I have to thank my friend Geoff for doing all of the metal work for my truck. And most importantly thank my wife for somewhat understanding what I was doing.

I have since bought a new money trap, a 2008 Shelby GT500. Although I am not done (are we really ever done?) with my truck, I have decided to slow down with spending large amounts of money on it.

I have the following mods done: Clear corners, LED third brake light, fog light mod, Tru-Speed calibrator, Cobra CB, Pro-Comp off-road lights, Orange LED off-road light, GoRecon rear projector lights, Defiant light bar w/custom mods, custom rear bumper, Tie-down bar w/CB antenna mount and light mount, N-fab side steps, BFG A/T's, American Racing Mojave wheels, Pro-Comp add-a-leaf w/shocks, Icon coilovers, Compustar alarm, Console Vault, Kenwood AM/FM/CD deck, IPOD connector, Kenwood drop down tv w/dvd player, Toyota all-season floor mats, Sequoia light switch panel, Tacoma fog light swtiches, 05 Limited front bumper, Limited tailgate handle, Rhino bed liner, color matched mirror covers, TRD air filter, Flowmaster muffler, limo tint and TRD grille w/powder coated mesh.

Attachments

·
Forum Admin
8,277 Posts
Curious what the last 5% will bring. lol! :D I am so jealous you get to do business with Findlay.

Ok, of all things I've seen in the pics and read in the caption, I have to ask... what are those mudflaps and where'd they come from?

Yea, I know, of all that stuff, you choose the mudflaps to ask questions about?

·
Premium Member
2,702 Posts
I'm not really into doing or having mods done to my vehicles. The only ones
I've done are installed Sirius Satellite radio and bough and installed a ScanGauge II,
so that tells you my lack of interest in modding my truck.

However, am always interested in what other people feel compelled to do to their
trucks and must say you've done quite a bit. I am more impressed with the fact
that you burned up your credit card in the summer of 2008 and have already paid
it off :tu::tu:! Good work all around.

John

·
Registered
428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Those are the factory mud flaps.

My wife told me early last year that if I wanted a new car, I had to pay off my credit card and truck. I paid off nearly 20k in combined debt to get my GT500.

·
Registered
428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Oh yeah, Tundradrenline, here is a photo for you:

Attachments

·
Registered
6,781 Posts
Might be the best looking double cab I have seen. :tu: Good job, I think the way you trimmed the rear section of the bed makes it look less bulky. Nice touches on the switches too, the extra effort to make things look factory is always tasteful. It's harder to make the mods subtle.

HOWEVER....... you say 95%..... I'll let you know.........THE M.A.D.NESS NEVER ENDS! :heh:

·
Registered
590 Posts
My dad has this car but in red with white stripes. It is fast with the SC and 5.4 v8. You will love it! I sure do even though he won't let me drive it alot. if you get it add magnaflow mufflers, really opens up the beast under the hood. :)

·
Just a Herbicidal maniac.
2,172 Posts
Super nice job! :tu: In spite of Victor working on it! :D Excellent attention to detail and it all serves a purpose. Your Tundra's come a long way baby since I'd see it last. :first: I too wonder what is in that last 5%??? I have a very understanding wife too! Thank goodness!

Oh yeah, that Mustang is pretty cool too. :p Seriously though, that has got to be a kick the a$$ to drive! The only thing my Yaris has over it is gas mileage! Hahaha!

·
Registered
32 Posts
Very nice ride! Simple but clean, nice job. Nice touch on trimming the bedsides. I've been wanting to do that to mine for a while now.

·
Registered
428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Maybe this is a dumb question, but what is the orange light on the tie-down bar for?

It is for when you are wheeling in the desert. The orange light shines through the dust alot brighter than the taillights.

·
Registered
657 Posts
I have the same truck only a year older (03). I have the TRD Supercharger and V8 but it sure looks different than that. Is yours a V6?

·
Ever the explorer
2,391 Posts
Wow great job Matt, The mustang now that will be interesting driving with that size 14 boot that is so heavy on your right foot :) Glad you work where you do or that could get expensive. :)

·
Premium Member
384 Posts
Nice work on the truck Matt. It looks quite a bit different than the last time I saw it! The Mustang is also very nice. The little dogs are great.

Rick

·
Registered
428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Thanks for the compliments guys. It's good to have friends to help you with building it. My wife is going to carry on the Toyota tradition when she gets a new 4Runner this fall.

·
Registered
14 Posts
VERR NICE!! good to see a meaty tire/wheel combo on a 2wd. i was hoping i wasnt the only one trying to do the same. hopefully i can get a little lift and a new tire/wheel combo going on by the this summer too. How do you like the icon coilovers?

·
Registered
428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
The Icon's are nice and are well worth the money. It rides almost like the stock suspension.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts