Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
95 Toyota T100 4x4 Xtra cab DX

230K miles (but brand new engine is only 3K miles old)

The good:
  • New Yotashop.com 3.4 V6 engine professionally installed 2000 miles ago. ($10K project)
  • Truck starts and runs perfectly (very reliable)
  • 4WD works great but only used occasionally for CA highway snow driving
  • No rust (never driven on salted roads)
  • Tow pkg with transmission cooler
  • AC blows cold
  • New front/rear brakes
  • Cardinal Red paint is still shiny and in decent shape. Engine bay is super clean.
  • This truck has been in our family since we bought it new in 95.
  • Nice Michelin 10.5 x 31 LTX tires with 1/2 of their tread left
  • OEM Toyota chrome wheels
  • Snugtop shell and OEM bed liner
  • Radio works
The bad:
  • Rip in drivers side seat upholstery
  • 3 fairly minor dings in body
  • dome light doesn’t work (probably just needs a new bulb)
  • Drivers side seatbelt is beginning to show wear on edge and doesn’t retract easily
  • Snugtop shell needs new latch/lock kit and new brake light lens/bulb
History:
I bought this truck off the lot in late 95 with 20 miles on it and have always been impressed with how sturdy and reliable it is. Unfortunately, a failed coolant hose caused it to warp the head & block 2 years ago and we ended up spending $5K on a brand new engine plus $5K in labor. This is a new engine built to factory spec from a block - not reconditioned/used. New engine proof/paperwork is available. I had a local super-experienced Toyota/Honda shop put in the engine so it was done right. Just couldn’t send this truck to the junk yard because it’s always been really solid. Feel free to ask questions but please understand that we’re not desperate to sell this truck. Located in South SF Bay Area. $8500.00

·
Registered
1 Posts
95 Toyota T100 4x4 Xtra cab DX

230K miles (but brand new engine is only 3K miles old)

The good:
  • New Yotashop.com 3.4 V6 engine professionally installed 2000 miles ago. ($10K project)
  • Truck starts and runs perfectly (very reliable)
  • 4WD works great but only used occasionally for CA highway snow driving
  • No rust (never driven on salted roads)
  • Tow pkg with transmission cooler
  • AC blows cold
  • New front/rear brakes
  • Cardinal Red paint is still shiny and in decent shape. Engine bay is super clean.
  • This truck has been in our family since we bought it new in 95.
  • Nice Michelin 10.5 x 31 LTX tires with 1/2 of their tread left
  • OEM Toyota chrome wheels
  • Snugtop shell and OEM bed liner
  • Radio works
The bad:
  • Rip in drivers side seat upholstery
  • 3 fairly minor dings in body
  • dome light doesn’t work (probably just needs a new bulb)
  • Drivers side seatbelt is beginning to show wear on edge and doesn’t retract easily
  • Snugtop shell needs new latch/lock kit and new brake light lens/bulb
History:
I bought this truck off the lot in late 95 with 20 miles on it and have always been impressed with how sturdy and reliable it is. Unfortunately, a failed coolant hose caused it to warp the head & block 2 years ago and we ended up spending $5K on a brand new engine plus $5K in labor. This is a new engine built to factory spec from a block - not reconditioned/used. New engine proof/paperwork is available. I had a local super-experienced Toyota/Honda shop put in the engine so it was done right. Just couldn’t send this truck to the junk yard because it’s always been really solid. Feel free to ask questions but please understand that we’re not desperate to sell this truck. Located in South SF Bay Area. $8500.00
Cool!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 2 of 2 Posts