Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 1997 Avalon has been a great car - but I am the only passenger in it the majority (98%) of the time.

The power windows have one by one stopped working, starting with right rear, the left rear then right front. The driver's windows which is the only one used more than once a year or so works fine.

If you attempt to "help" the windows down to get them started, then they work ok. But may stick again in the "up position".

I took apart ALL doors looking for issues and found none - and lubricated everything just in case. No help.

I checked the voltage at the motor at it was something 8 volts - so I figured there was a high resistance somewhere. Seeing the only thing I could find in common was the master controller, I bought a new one for $362 at my local dealer. No help whatsoever.

So I joined this forum based on the advertising looking for a wiring diagram so I can trace down the high resistance. But I cannot find anything about where wiring diagrams are.

Can someone help???

(BTW, I am original owner and the car only has 70K miles on it).

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
One more thing - p128 reference a fuse labeled 30A PWR, I see the other fuses labeled in the larger fuse box under the hood - 7.5 DOME, 10 ECU, but I do not see that one.

The only 30A I see is labeled AMR.

It is possible to post page 66 or whereever the diagram is to the fusebox. Thanks.

·
Registered
780 Posts
SteveConley said:
One more thing - p128 reference a fuse labeled 30A PWR, I see the other fuses labeled in the larger fuse box under the hood - 7.5 DOME, 10 ECU, but I do not see that one.

The only 30A I see is labeled AMR.

It is possible to post page 66 or whereever the diagram is to the fusebox. Thanks.
see attached

Attachments

·
Registered
1 Posts
I AM HAVING THE SAME PROBLEM WITH MY 97 AVALON. THE WINDOWS JUST STOP WORKING. I REPLACED THE MASTER POWER WINDOW SWITCH AND STILL DID NOT HELP. SO I GOT A POWER WINDOW RELAY, BUT HAVE FAILED TO LOCATE IT.

DOES ANY ONE KNOW THE EXACT LOCATION OF THIS RELAY?

Thanks,
slwslw

·
Registered
41 Posts
One thing a guy at a window replacement shop told me years ago that you will have more trouble with your power windows if you don't use them. He saw more problems when people didn't use their power windows, then when they did.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Uh...if the motor works when you assist it, it might be humidity and a sticky track. Get some graphite powder and blow it into the track.
Mine was sticking...five years ago...and still works perfectly.
Don't spend a lot of money...before you trying spending a little!

·
Registered
1 Posts
My dad figured out, if you press the whole holder down, then press the buttons, it works. Just a little short I guess. Ofc this could be a totally different problem.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts