Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I have just purchased a Tundra and I am now going to sell my T-100. Let me tell you a bit about it and you can tell me what to ask.

It is a 1997 with 92000 miles on it. full power options, window, doors, tilt wheel, air, cruise, extra cab, 6 disc changer, 4 wheel drive, newer Michelins 275 x 16s, factory mag wheels, automatic, tarp possibly if it doesn't fit the Tundra, 3.4 liter engine. I am the second owner of it. I purchased it when it had about 20,000 miles on it from a dealer. The previous owner was an older gent that just wanted a Tundra when they came out. Every mile since I have owned it is documented in a log. Every time I stop for fuel I write it in the book, every tire rotation, oil change, wiper change, every mile is in there. It is Dark Grey Metalic with no marks on the paint. SR 5 package with a bed liner. New exhaust and starter. Yesterday I took it in for a complete once over so it would be inspected by a certified mechanic. He did the PA state inspection til next June, he did the oil and filter and I had him do the power exchange of the tranny fluid. This gets all the old fluid out of the tranny and the converter. The motor is like the day it was bought. The rear bumper has a blemish on the step area. Toyota has a cross member that has rusted a bit and marked the rear step of the chrome. other than that it is pretty clean. The drivers door panel has a wear mark from where I rest my arm, thats about all that is wrong with the interior. From what I have seen on the web sites of Edmonds and Kelly Blue book it seems that it is somewhere in the 9k to 10.5 k area. I think that's a bit high but I don't want to under sell it either. What do you guys think??????

·
Registered
187 Posts
I had a 97 T-100 w/ 200k miles, 2wd, normal wear on the inside but clean, faded pinstripes, someone had hit the front bumper/fender on the passenger side, power everything, new tires, tow package, and ran great. I had upgraded the front disks and suspension, though. I got $4500 on trade, which was KBB street value. I paid KBB street value, not retail, for the used truck I purchased when I traded it, so I figured $4500 was the true price they paid me, not a price manipulated with a higher price on the sales vehicle. Yours should be worth much more than mine.
Hope this helps.

·
Registered
20 Posts
i bought my second t100, 97 4x4 130K for $9,000 only because i knew the owner (original) and he took real good care of the truck. a high price i admit but worth it to know the truck was'nt abused ( unlike my first t100) he didnt keep as good of records as yours though and you have lower miles so i would think its worth $8-10K. i sold my first one for 10K with a lift and new tires, i would sell my second T100 for 12K with a brand new lift, skidplate, 33" toyo muds, new chrome dick cepek rims, k&n cold air, flowmaster exhaust. super clean interior, loud stereo system.

·
Premium Member
43 Posts
I have a 1996 like yours and the same mileage. Mine is DX though. 5 spd. Fresh paint/trim and spray-in bed liner and I'm looking for 8.5 K.

·
Registered
115 Posts
I looked at a ’96 SR5, Access Cab, with automatic this morning at a lot near Kansas City. It has a lot of miles but runs and drives like a new one. It has a few cosmetic blemishes. The asking price is $5,980.00.

It looks great but I wonder about the silver over black color combination. Has Anyone seen a two tone T-100?

·
Registered
101 Posts
I looked at a ’96 SR5, Access Cab, with automatic this morning at a lot near Kansas City. It has a lot of miles but runs and drives like a new one. It has a few cosmetic blemishes. The asking price is $5,980.00.

It looks great but I wonder about the silver over black color combination. Has Anyone seen a two tone T-100?
Here's mine

·
Premium Member
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Just to up date you guys. I sold it without the tarp for $9500,00. I thought that was fair. It had 93,000 miles on it and was a 97 so I'm feeling good. It was a very nice truck

By the way that is a great looking truck. Mine was all silver or grey how ever you want to call it.

thanks for the replies

·
Registered
2 Posts
I SOLD MY t-100 1993 FOR 3500.00 2 YEARS AGO STILL, IN GOOD SHAPE AND RAN WELL. i ALSO HAVE A 2002 TUNDRA GREAT TRUCK SO , I CAN'T WAIT TO PIC UP MY 2007 DC LB TOMORROW. HOPE MY LUCK CONTINUES WITH THIS MODEL!!!

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
Magellan44, the price sounds right.

I sold mine for $7K. It was a 1997, 4WD, auto, w/canopy. Great truck and very reliable for those 11 yrs I owned it. Mileage was at 167K w/ all maint records from day of purchase.

I think it was a win/win for both of you. Congrats!

·
Registered
933 Posts
Around here, about $15,000. These trucks are hard to find around here for some reason and if you are lucky enough to find one, you can almost buy a brand new truck for what they ask for these - way over book value... if you see like a 95 with 200K listed for $5500, its gone the same day.

Kinda upsetting and frustrating to me because I have wanted a T100 for a long time, but can afford those prices. I sold my 2000 Tundra too cheap I do believe that I had a couple of years ago (sold for $9500 and it was a 4wd, SR5, V8 extended cab with only 99K!). I was going to downsize to a T100, but I didnt want to pay as much for a T100 as the Tundra was selling for. I have even listed my very nice 1995 Lincoln Town Car that was a nearly $50K car new and is still very nice, smooth, comfortable and powerful to trade for one and no one interested, I guess because no one around here has one. lol.

Good luck with your sale. (edit, just realized this thread is over 2 years old, LOL.)

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
I love my 1995 Extended Cab T100 truck; paint, engine, performance nearly as good now as when new. I'll keep this one another 10 yrs or so or 300k miles. I might get tired of it by then.
Agreed. Those trucks are truly bulletproof and will last forever. I still miss my "Ol Blu"...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts