Toyota Tundra Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my 98 4runner just started blowing the 10 amp tail fuse in the under the hood fuse box. when it goes the dash lites, both front side marker lites and both tail lites go out. I've replace it twice and it doesn't last no more than 10-15 minutes of "on time" before it blows. haven't had a wreck or anything to damage something, and it has never blown before. help please

·
Premium Member
1,000 Posts
It could be an actual intermittent short but that will be hard to find. I would first look at the easy things. Look for a bulb that is brighter than normal. This could be caused by an element that broke and the reconnect at a point with less resistance. You probably won't be that lucky but it is worth a shot. If you have changed anything lately, double check that you used the right bulb or part. Look to see for sure if anything else is off when the fuse is blown or removed. Sorry, I don't have a schematic so we can't be sure of what all might be on that circuit.

·
Registered
554 Posts
Do you have a trailer connector ? Check it or the harness tie-ins for damage or corrosion ( electrolysis) especially after winter months where salt impregnation can happen. The tailight connection is the one that usually will see the most trouble as it sees more accumulated hours of live 12 volts.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts