Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 1998 Camry V6 XLE. After a long drive (approximately 20 miles) the engine runs rough at idle and feels like its missing. When I let the engine cool down the idle returns to normal. Any advice on what to look for would be greatly appriciated

·
Registered
447 Posts
I have a 1998 Camry V6 XLE. After a long drive (approximately 20 miles) the engine runs rough at idle and feels like its missing. When I let the engine cool down the idle returns to normal. Any advice on what to look for would be greatly appriciated
im no tech, but im gonna say clean your throttle body and maf sensor, then check your spark plugs. ounds to me like you may have a damaged or fouled plug in there. let us know what happens, and hope this helps ya out!

·
Premium Member
539 Posts
Post your question in the Camry forum and see if MUSTANG can help you out with a diagnosis. My guess is it may be something to do with a stuck sensor or valve in the fuel vapor recovery system... If its a common problem on Camry's, MUSTANG will usually be able to narrow it down to a short list of things to check.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts