Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
693 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone familiar on the procedure for removing the drivers side door panel on a 99 avalon xls .
The door wont open using the outside handle and i believe a clip has failed or the handle needs replacement .

·
Premium Member
693 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Glenn ; Thats exactly what I needed .

·
Registered
29 Posts
Thanks from me also!!! I need do do this on the wifes car this weekend. I can't believe it hasn't broke before now.

Did you have to remove the glass to get at the handle?

·
Registered
29 Posts
finished this this weekend....got the door panel off and the new handle on before dark Friday night. and assembeld the door panel Sunday afternoon. Pretty straight foward using the diagrams posted above. No need to take out window.....One note: the access covers (tape) are a little hard to notice in limited light situations with a dark car. But it bolts right up. 2 hours from the standard book (dealer quote $100 + 2*$95= $380 vs. $80 plus one hour) is quite steep, considering I did it in a total of one hour and never had the door apart before.

·
Registered
1 Posts
First of all, thank you Glenn for posting those diagrams....very helpful. The question I have though is how do I get the door skins off if I can't open the door? Any help is appreciated. This is for a 1999 Avalon - problem is the passenger door doesn't open. Much thanks.

-Steve

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have a 2011 Avalon that I need to replace a noisy Door Check in driver's door.
I've looked at the 1999 instructions but my door panel is not the same on my 2011 (duh). How does that one differ in removing the door panel?

·
Registered
2 Posts
I wonder if you may have a "disa.pdf" for the 2011 Avalon. Don't want to go off half blind in removing my door panel.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts